The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btw the guy in the green jacket is an Arsenal fan so he's ripping his own supporter base :D

Oh and saw a clip on Claude. Yeah I won't rip into him this season.

That's so terrific. That is pretty much one of my biggest pet hates. The fake fan.

I'd never make it into one of those videos cos I'd be like... who the * are you talking about? Haha.

jod23 I know you were talking about considering starting a podcast a while back. Just as a heads up, my Hull City podcast has been going for maybe 6 months now, and the episode I put up last night has already racked up a decent number of views inside 24 hours. The Official Supporters Club are promoting it in their next magazine issue, and a local community social media group are also promoting it. Starting to edge towards 150-200 views per episode. You have to start somewhere but it can grow pretty quickly. I definitely lucked out with Richard Garcia agreeing to do an interview in the early days, that definitely raised the profile, and I'll see if I can get someone high profile on for an interview this season - maybe a current player but not holding out hope - but just letting you know that it is possible to become moderately successful with nothing more than Skype, a mic, a recording program and an editing program. Nothing flashy.

jod23 I know you were talking about considering starting a podcast a while back. Just as a heads up, my Hull City podcast has been going for maybe 6 months now, and the episode I put up last night has already racked up a decent number of views inside 24 hours. The Official Supporters Club are promoting it in their next magazine issue, and a local community social media group are also promoting it. Starting to edge towards 150-200 views per episode. You have to start somewhere but it can grow pretty quickly. I definitely lucked out with Richard Garcia agreeing to do an interview in the early days, that definitely raised the profile, and I'll see if I can get someone high profile on for an interview this season - maybe a current player but not holding out hope - but just letting you know that it is possible to become moderately successful with nothing more than Skype, a mic, a recording program and an editing program. Nothing flashy.
if you get t-hudd i'll be a new fan

if you get t-hudd i'll be a new fan

Haha I'll see what I can do. My guy at the club is bailing though so I'm not sure how I'd go getting one of the players. Might wait for the takeover if it comes, because they might be more keen to engage with supporters groups.

Haha I'll see what I can do. My guy at the club is bailing though so I'm not sure how I'd go getting one of the players. Might wait for the takeover if it comes, because they might be more keen to engage with supporters groups.
hudd used to be pretty interactive on twitter didn't he?

just give him glowing reviews all season and tweet him a link to the show

hudd used to be pretty interactive on twitter didn't he?

just give him glowing reviews all season and tweet him a link to the show

Actually a good idea, I should tweet out to Davies since we tipped him for a last minute winner haha.

Actually a good idea, I should tweet out to Davies since we tipped him for a last minute winner haha.
not sure if players would listen to or read things they get tweeted in, but for a hull player to receive a tweet / call out to be on a podcast from a supporter in australia that would be pretty special i reckon

Good job mate, I'd be keen to get back on the BF poddy this season at some point, if you'll have me.

not sure if players would listen to or read things they get tweeted in, but for a hull player to receive a tweet / call out to be on a podcast from a supporter in australia that would be pretty special i reckon

Davies is pretty good with fan engagement so he might be interested.

Good job mate, I'd be keen to get back on the BF poddy this season at some point, if you'll have me.

Of course mate. Now that busy season has wound down might do episodes mid-week again, so PM me when you're interested and what night suits and we can make it work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As humorous as his melts have been over the journey. You respect him a little more than the rest. Isn't rose coloured and is critical of his team. Doesn't let a rivalry cloud his judgement [having predicted that the team that beats Spurs this season wins the league] and personally I respect that football is his outlet from life. He's just passionate I guess.
He's ******* gone and tipped us to win the league as well with Arsenal second in a recent AFTV thing with the host and that absolute ******* silly fellow that wears all the Arsenal memorabilia.

He's ******* gone and tipped us to win the league as well with Arsenal second in a recent AFTV thing with the host and that absolute ******* silly fellow that wears all the Arsenal memorabilia.
What a world we live in. An Arsenal fan thinking we'll win the league while I think we'll struggle for top 4. It's bizarro world right now

Oh and just watched it in full. That memorabilia silly fellow is seriously the Jod of the Arsenal world.

claude has pretty much made great points every time he talks. sure he gets a bit shouty a lot of the time but if you actually listen to what he says he's pretty much bang on. certainly not an idiot.

the ******* with the arsenal headphones and drink bottle though. spare me.

Dele Alli is dropping his surname from his shirt. Was adopted out at 13 so makes sense why he has no connection to the name.

Also easy when the GOAT discussions come up in a few years people will just change the P to a D

Also the Paul Mitchell saga a bit more has come out. It's basic economics that have caused the termination.

Leicester offering him more money and we agreed to mutually terminate at the end of the window because we wouldn't match the offer.

Stories are that Levy and Poch haven't been overly impressed with what he has brought to the table. Wimmer the one success story, Son with the jury still out & N'Jie struggling. Few of the targets he has really pushed forward have also been quite absurd, Boufal and Batsuyahi the main two. Signing Boufal would be like signing Jay Rodriguez before he had recovered from his knee. Way too risky. Batsuyahi would be on far too much to be Kane's backup

Fantastic. Finalised soon?

Apparently so, we've had deals agreed twice with the US group so I'm not entirely believing it, but this group is meant to be in attendance tonight, and hopefully it gets to a point where they can start authorising signings.

Dele Alli is dropping his surname from his shirt. Was adopted out at 13 so makes sense why he has no connection to the name.

Also easy when the GOAT discussions come up in a few years people will just change the P to a D
Best thing his mother did was get him in a foster home. Apparently a lot of those he hung around at that age are now in prison.

Just as a PSA for anyone who hasn't listened to a poddy before or doesn't listen regularly, I've included time stamps so you can easily skip to the sections discussing your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back