The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also your books have been released - including a loss of £197m in just one year. I believe an amount that will probably only be exceeded by the nonsense going on in China atm.
FFP accounts are not publicly released.

you used an expert opinion to justify the business model, not profitability.

there is no public record of Etihad making a profit and you tried to use one audited account within a group of companies to justify it which was rightly mocked...

And apparently making a profit of £20m in one year is a great result after incurring losses of over half a billion pounds in the 6 years preceding :)

Are you seriously claiming that the £700m spent by Mansour is irrelevant when it comes to profits you make now in a 12 month period?
i used to laugh my head off when listed companies used to tell me that they made a small profit after years of heavy lols

And apparently making a profit of £20m in one year is a great result after incurring losses of over half a billion pounds in the 6 years preceding :)
should've put the 700m in telstra shares. dem dividends

you used an expert opinion to justify the business model, not profitability.

there is no public record of Etihad making a profit and you tried to use one audited account within a group of companies to justify it which was rightly mocked...

I used the CEO's statement that they made a profit more.

The only thing I've heard suggesting they havent is your whining and the journo that said he had suspicions.

But in the long run I couldnt care if they did or didnt.

Strawman.

I said we've made consecutive profits. Nothing more, thats all a figment of your imagination.

The only thing I've heard suggesting they havent is your whining and the journo that said he had suspicions.

Hahahahaha taking the word of the CEO. You've got this one wrong I am afraid.

Strawman.

I said we've made consecutive profits. Nothing more, thats all a figment of your imagination.

So a pokie addict who spends a whole day gambling away 20k wins 2k the next day on a jackpot and it's a great day I guess. Moomba logic at work because 2k profit was made on the day.

You got some insider information for me? Might be in France around easter needing to reinvest on a sure thing :)
haha no. used to do a lot in the aussie equity market but not anymore.

Franking credits and aussie companies dividend policy means that there is v little incentive for aussies to invest abroad.

All my stuff is passive these days. index trackers and etfs. I've got a global health care etf, usd etf, dow jones etf and the rest is aussie top 50. The overseas stuff is a macro play and I'm probably being too smart and will get slaughtered at some stage but it's going well atm.

Active investment is too hard unless it's your job or you have mail.

you cared a lot until everyone laughed at your audited account justification.

Airlines don't make money. Listened to the Emirates CEO talk about how they were the most profitable airline in the industry a week ago but could barely break even and had yoy rev growth of 1%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha no. used to do a lot in the aussie equity market but not anymore.

Franking credits and aussie companies dividend policy means that there is v little incentive for aussies to invest abroad.

All my stuff is passive these days. index trackers and etfs. I've got a global health care etf, usd etf, dow jones etf and the rest is aussie top 50. The overseas stuff is a macro play and I'm probably being too smart and will get slaughtered at some stage but it's going well atm.

Active investment is too hard unless it's your job or you have mail.

I was burnt by margin lending in 2008 so don't take too much in risks these days. Especially with kids. You into currency trading? Mate swears by it.

Airlines don't make money. Listened to the Emirates CEO talk about how they were the most profitable airline in the industry a week ago but could break even and had yoy rev growth of 1%

Couldnt give a toss about you and WC laughing at stuff I say.

Etihad has said one thing. Forbes said that they have suspicions. I believe one thing. You believe another.

Laugh away.

Airlines don't make money. Listened to the Emirates CEO talk about how they were the most profitable airline in the industry a week ago but could barely break even and had yoy rev growth of 1%

Low Cost airlines are profitable. Legacy carriers aren't though, Qantas excepted.

I was burnt by margin lending in 2008 so don't take too much in risks these days. Especially with kids. You into currency trading? Mate swears by it.
i didnt have my s**t together in 08 so luckily avoided that.

Worked on an FX desk for 2 years and dabbled a bit then. My USD etf is as far as I'll go these days. You want to be looking at that s**t constantly or you'll get blown up. You can make very good money though.

Plus charging you for pretty much everything but taking a s**t (and Ryanair tried to introduce a charge for that)
Wouldn't know sadly. Caravan and family holiday house down the coast.
Best holiday plans. Dock on the surfcoast then travel in the caravan all the way up to the SA border.

Get yourself over to London for a game!!
Have that already in the plans. 2019 Ashes tour then hang around for the first couple of games in the 19/20 season.
April 2018 travelling to the US for a wedding (free accommodation) then trekking down to Georgia for the Masters.

So quite a lot of saving to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back