The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No. But it does weaken those less rich. You could raid half our side wouldn't mean you'd be champs. But it would definitely mean we'd be weaker
I don't think it necessarily weakens sides below. They get good fees for players, rivals all lose players (we've taken far more players off Araenal than Spurs for example).

Things like squad limits also control spending so it's not realistic that clubs would just tun around buying everyone if there were no controls.

City for example, never had any intention of turning over half a squad a year.

I don't think it necessarily weakens sides below. They get good fees for players, rivals all lose players (we've taken far more players off Araenal than Spurs for example).

Things like squad limits also control spending so it's not realistic that clubs would just tun around buying everyone if there were no controls.

City for example, never had any intention of turning over half a squad a year.
Look at when we had money after the Bale sale. 300m for Walker, Alli, Rose & Kane no matter what we did with it makes us weaker on the pitch.

Squad limits wouldnt be an issue, you could easily just loan out players who were no longer in the best 25 because the losses that you make with the wage bill wouldnt matter.

Look at when we had money after the Bale sale. 300m for Walker, Alli, Rose & Kane no matter what we did with it makes us weaker on the pitch.

Squad limits wouldnt be an issue, you could easily just loan out players who were no longer in the best 25 because the losses that you make with the wage bill wouldnt matter.
Maybe short term. Maybe not long term.

But it's not likely anyone would come out and buy half a team. And it''s just as likely your rivals would lose players too.

Not sure what the point would be in spending £300m on players without any intention of ever having them in your 25 man squad.

Maybe short term. Maybe not long term.

But it's not likely anyone would come out and buy half a team. And it''s just as likely your rivals would lose players too.
The 7 in for Bale money almost crippled us. Would imagine the same thing would happen if top 2-3 sides cherry picked those in the 4-7 range.

3-4 players isn't half a team.

The 7 in for Bale money almost crippled us. Would imagine the same thing would happen if top 2-3 sides cherry picked those in the 4-7 range.

3-4 players isn't half a team.
You're making a presumption that no FFP means that clubs will just spend without any regard to their own finances. Also that they'll target Spurs and no one else.

I just don't think it's realistic.

Also if it did happen, £300m.on Spurs players, put on 5 year contracts would cost us £60m a year in amortisation fees. We could do that right now under FFP rules. But we don't because it woildnt make sense for us.

You're making a presumption that no FFP means that clubs will just spend without any regard to their own finances. Also that they'll target Spurs and no one else.

I just don't think it's realistic.

Also if it did happen, £300m.on Spurs players, put on 5 year contracts would cost us £60m a year in amortisation fees. We could do that right now under FFP rules. But we don't because it woildnt make sense for us.
You couldn't do it now because you'd have to find 5 spots for them. Without FFP you could stockpile avg players and just loan them out (i.e Kolorov out Rose in).

Clubs could spend without regard if they're backed by the megarich. Not saying we'd be the only ones to lose players but it would just be 2-3 who wouldn't be losing players but would be cherry picking.

The current setup isnt perfect but there needs to be some sort of rules otherwise City/Chelsea could just have a squad of 40 top players and pick and choose which 15 they farm out on loan whilst still paying their wages

You couldn't do it now because you'd have to find 5 spots for them. Without FFP you could stockpile avg players and just loan them out (i.e Kolorov out Rose in).

We could easily do it under the current rules. 5 players in. £60m a year for 5 years. Loan fees for the 5 players loaned out will reduce that. Maybe even sell one or two to reduce it further.

We won't because it's not common sense to do it.

Just buying players because we have the funds to it has never been a plan of the club.

I do agree that some rules are in the interests of everyone. But I'm more interested in those that protect and safeguard clubs rather than those that allow clubs already at the top to spend more than those with aspirations of getting there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he on his death bed or something. Been out for ages.

Wenger talks so much s**t, he always talks up an injury when everyone knows it's much more serious.

latest

"He's one week away from playing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back