The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante is the PFA Player of the Season:

Hazard second, Ibra third.

Shame his club plays disgusting, gross anti-football.

I have you know that we play an exciting counter attacking game, one that is Premiership winning and has gotten many fans around the world!

Wait...

Never in doubt.

But how does Ibra come third? Sympathy for his injury? Lukaku and Sanchez both had better seasons.

Christian Fuchs admits that he doesn't watch much football, and since the vote is done by their peers... well, whatever's hype of the season, the ones they hear the most about in the papers. No surprise Kante got it, it almost feels overdue from last year, and only now is he just getting that credit in full.

Why would Lukaku be behind Kane for instance? Played more games but is the leading goalscorer in the league.

Sanchez has played as a striker most of the season hasn't he?

View attachment 361872

At the very least, Lukaku deserves to be in the same group as Alexis/Harry.
I could be wrong but I get the sense Sanchez and Kane's goals lead to more points than lukaku's. Scoring in defeats to me counts less than goals that get a result. Like I said haven't looked into it stays wise but that's how I compare Zlatan, Sanchez and Kane ahead of him.

Why would Lukaku be behind Kane for instance? Played more games but is the leading goalscorer in the league.

Sanchez has played as a striker most of the season hasn't he?

View attachment 361872

At the very least, Lukaku deserves to be in the same group as Alexis/Harry.

Yeah, he's had a great season. 24 goals without a pen(no digs) is an amazing effort at Everton.

But how does Ibra come third? Sympathy for his injury? Lukaku and Sanchez both had better seasons.
very good question that. Probably should have been last of the 6.

Hazard is the main match winner for the best side in the league and should have won it in my opinion. Putting the ball in the net is the hardest thing to do and he had more influence on that than anyone else in that team.

I think Kante's influence has been overstated just a bit. He was better for Leicester. But he's in vogue right now so was always going to win.

I could be wrong but I get the sense Sanchez and Kane's goals lead to more points than lukaku's. Scoring in defeats to me counts less than goals that get a result. Like I said haven't looked into it stays wise but that's how I compare Zlatan, Sanchez and Kane ahead of him.
To be fair to Zlatan his goals have earned United a lot of draws

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this was Kante's first season in the premier league would he have won it? I doubt it. People have just put 2 and 2 together to come up with 5.

"Leicester won the league with Kante, and then he joins Chelsea and they win the league, it must be all down to him!". I think it's the lazy choice as opposed to the right one.

He's a very good player. But best in the league? Nah, not for me.

It's a fix up. Should have won it last season. But we were all convinced Mahrez and Vardy and Drinkwater were world class when really they were fluking it alongside Kante

If this was Kante's first season in the premier league would he have won it? I doubt it. People have just put 2 and 2 together to come up with 5.

"Leicester won the league with Kante, and then he joins Chelsea and they win the league, it must be all down to him!". I think it's the lazy choice as opposed to the right one.

He's a very good player. But best in the league? Nah, not for me.

You obviously haven't watched much of kante the last 2 years.

If he was a LFC player we would have won the league

Hazard has wha, 14 goals and 5 assists in the league? That's good but not outstanding, Costa has around the same.

Kante's one of those that you only know how good he is when he isn't playing, it's good that players like that can still win awards, probably been more consistent than Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back