The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What questions are they raising for you?

For me the big one was what happened after he got out. Legally allowed to work, people willing to employ him but met by a mob of celebs, politicians, senior police and media every time he came close to picking up a new contract.

Football still hasn't done anything to clarify what happens to people convicted of criminal offences, so we'll be back in the same boat if this ever happens again.

Suspect there's also some questions the CPS and police will be asking themselves, but I didn't follow the case closely enough to say with any real degree of confidence whether the initial charge was justified or not.

For me the big one was what happened after he got out. Legally allowed to work, people willing to employ him but met by a mob of celebs, politicians, senior police and media every time he came close to picking up a new contract.

Football still hasn't done anything to clarify what happens to people convicted of criminal offences, so we'll be back in the same boat if this ever happens again.

Suspect there's also some questions the CPS and police will be asking themselves, but I didn't follow the case closely enough to say with any real degree of confidence whether the initial charge was justified or not.
People with criminal records will find it hard to get employment - that's not really a football issue but a wider social one.

I didn't really follow this case keenly, but someone I know did and they were adamant he was innocent from the start. Said it was a classic case of the girl consenting and then having regrets the next day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sky Sports viewing figures for the EPL are down 19%.

Maybe less interest in the PL due to no NUFC related circus drama? ;)

Though I suppose you could chuck Villa into that equation as well.

Anyone seen the feud going on between Mauro Icardi and the Inter fans? Pretty crazy stuff

http://www.squawka.com/news/explained-why-is-mauro-icardi-at-war-with-the-inter-milan-ultras/800099

Yeah saw that last night - apparently he insulted the fans in his autobiography (he's only 23 mind you). He's probably their best player but still shouldn't be bad mouthing the fans - not sure what would lead to him making such a comment?

The 'ultras' are most certainly a group of people that you dont want to * around with. Why he would taunt them in his book is extraordinary.

I mean, the threat of his Argentinians to kill them? Really? We all say stupid s**t in the heat of the moment, but in a book? That's presuambly been written months beforehand, through several drafts, read by a number of people, and then published to print?

And all along, all who read this part didn't think it was an issue? Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back