The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the countries who can't host it because it's over 40 degrees in May-June
I was sort of making a joke about how that's the time of year all the major clubs are making title/cup runs...

Alright, own up, which of the BF Liverpool fans is this? :tearsofjoy:

20292801_1684176731595167_6873918996508515906_n.jpg

Phew. This should set the minds of those supporters worried about the stability and direction of the club at ease.

http://braywanderersfc.ie/bray-wanderers-fc-statement/

STATEMENT

Bray Wanderers FC can now officially confirm the club is financially stable for the foreseeable future and have a vision for the future unrivaled by any other Football Club in Ireland.
Wicklow County has unfortunately now attained the accolade of being the North Korea of Ireland for business.
But like all suppressed people, they eventually revolt, a revolution of Football is going to start and Bray Wanderers will be the leaders not just for Wicklow but for Ireland in this revolt.
Ireland produced great world beating players, from Roy Keane, John Giles, Liam Brady, Robbie Keane to Ray Houghton and many many more.
The problem and question is why cannot Ireland produce such great talent anymore.
We at Bray Wanderers are going to answer the questions and solve this problem.
We are going to give Wicklow and Ireland something to be proud of where there will be an academy to rival the best in the world. Our vision and ,rest assured ,we will execute the delivery of our vision is a world class football academy to rival the best in the world.
To achieve this, yes, we are going to and are in preliminary negotiations to buy a new Ground, and will be seeking from Wicklow County Council the rezoning of the land in The Carlisle grounds with the development proceeds used to fund the construction of what will be the best Academy and sporting Grounds in the country.
To keep the club on a sound financial Footing and independently fund this academy and club forevermore, we do have a plan on how to do that.
This will be at no cost to the Exchequer or County Council. But when you operate in North Korea, these options are difficult to achieve, but we will achieve it.
Eventually when we have succeeded in our vision creating the best centre of Excellence in Ireland, based on Academies such as Barcelona Manchester United and other in that caliber, creating the best production line of players in Ireland, we will hand the facility and sustainable business over to a trust who will protect the club and the development of Football in Wicklow & Ireland long after our collective lifetimes.
There will be may naysayers to this and to them, we say,
Ideally we’d bring in Conor McGregor for a quote but our response is,
“One great enemy we must all endeavor to fear not conquering is fear. Fear can cripple purpose and purposeful life. Fear asks question we must fear. Fear makes vision a nightmare. One must always cross the barrier of fear to get to the great city of true purposefulness. A great number of us who are unable to live to accomplish the true reason for our existence on earth are unable to cross the barrier of fear in the first place.”
Those afraid and living Fear, rest assured fear has no place in Bray Wanderers.
Gerry Mulvey
Chairman

On the same gear as that Romanov from Hearts by the looks.

Last edited:
Ralph Rangnick more like Ralph Redneck, trying to defend his "whole village in Guinea" comment by saying more stupid things

“Many players with an African backround, and I’ve met a lot of them, there is a clan and sometimes a whole village that feeds with the help of a player. And that there are people who demand that he has to change, that is so.

Believe me, my knowledge of geography is sufficient to distinguish Guinea from Africa.”

Ralph Rangnick more like Ralph Redneck, trying to defend his "whole village in Guinea" comment by saying more stupid things

“Many players with an African backround, and I’ve met a lot of them, there is a clan and sometimes a whole village that feeds with the help of a player. And that there are people who demand that he has to change, that is so.

Believe me, my knowledge of geography is sufficient to distinguish Guinea from Africa.”

Yeah and considering how players like Adebayor and co. end up he's not entirely wrong. It's been said by scouts, managers and whatever else before that you are taking a risk with signing African players, especially younger ones who aren't always mature. And usually said risks involve what Ralph is saying too.

Another thing, I haven't heard anyone besides Liverpool supporters saying what he's saying is racist either. Funny that.

Yeah and considering how players like Adebayor and co. end up he's not entirely wrong. It's been said by scouts, managers and whatever else before that you are taking a risk with signing African players, especially younger ones who aren't always mature. And usually said risks involve what Ralph is saying too.

Because a few Africans are from villages that means Naby Keita must be? That means Guinea is a village?

Another thing, I haven't heard anyone besides Liverpool supporters saying what he's saying is racist either. Funny that.

Nope, only many Guineans themselves, former Guinean captains and players etc. Nice of you to tell them what is or isn't racist. Don't turn this into a Liverpool thing mate

Because a few Africans are from villages that means Naby Keita must be? That means Guinea is a village?

Nope, only many Guineans themselves, former Guinean captains and players etc. Nice of you to tell them what is or isn't racist. Don't turn this into a Liverpool thing mate
Yep. Absolutely ridiculous comments.

Reminds me of Alan Border speaking about Kagiso Rabada last time SA were touring here. HE said something like 'Oh I bet the kids in his village were terrified facing him as a young kid.'

When Rabada grew up in Joburg and his father is a doctor and his mother a lawyer.

Yep. Absolutely ridiculous comments.

Reminds me of Alan Border speaking about Kagiso Rabada last time SA were touring here. HE said something like 'Oh I bet the kids in his village were terrified facing him as a young kid.'

When Rabada grew up in Joburg and his father is a doctor and his mother a lawyer.

Agree but to be fair it wasn't AB, it was Chappelli, which isn't surprising

Agree but to be fair it wasn't AB, it was Chappelli, which isn't surprising
Ahh ok. My mistake. That actually seems to be more in character with Chappell rather than Border now that I think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's very tragic. He was a pioneer for football in Aus and as influential as Johnny Warren IMO.

For people my age or thereabouts, he was all across our screens in the 90s and 00s. Huge, huge loss.

Yep. He became synonymous with soccer for me growing up in the 90's. Really put soccer on the map in this country.

rip les murray

such an icon in australian sport broadcasting passionate knowlegable and not a campaigner like fos will be missed all those world cup and waking up early for sbs champions league coverage headed up by this guy

Was very saddened to see the news about Les Murray yesterday. So many memories of watching the show on Sunday arvos just to get a glimpse of the overnight scores and perhaps a highlight or two.

Really was the face of the game here for over 30 odd years. Think Craig Foster mentioned in his tribute that Les did that when the game was very foreign to lots of Aussies. Even the media and public perception was hostile at times - so to carry the flag for the code in a dignified and professional way really shows the immense value he brought (and the sizable loss he is).

His legacy is right up there with the most important in the game in this country. Right next to his mate Johnny Warren. Universally loved by fans across the country, now mourned but always to be remembered. That's a pretty awesome footnote to leave on the world. RIP Les.

P.S passed away on the same day as Sir Bobby. Thought that was an interesting coincidence. 2 legends. :heart:

After they lost 5-0 to Celtic.

Good ol' Blunderland. They love giving the world laughs.

Coudn't even spell Gibson's name right in the statement they released. :$

To be fair, seems harsh he is getting punished for speaking the truth. They do have far too many players who don't care. I reckon if I was a mackem (Established1870 your thoughts?) I'd applaud him for speaking so candidly and calling out presumably some of their biggest wage earning flops. They need to clear out a lot of the grubs before they can move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back