The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a turd the moment they made them MV-lite

The idea of a second side in Melb/Victoria wasn't a turd

Which is my point. :drunk: You're saying that no correct marketing would have fixed MH/MC when that's precisely the only thing that was wrong with it.

Plenty of people want women's sport to do well because they enjoy the sport and the more people playing it and being involved in it the better. Stop being silly WR.
Literally no one I know give two *s about either of them. I’ve got nothing against it - but I’m against people trying to suggest it should have an equal footing alongside the men’s game, when the interest just isn’t there. And that’s not being “silly” as you always suggest when someone doesn’t have a shared opinion of yours. Over here that’s actually happening

Literally no one I know give two ****s about either of them. I’ve got nothing against it - but I’m against people trying to suggest it should have an equal footing alongside the men’s game, when the interest just isn’t there. And that’s not being “silly” as you always suggest when someone doesn’t have a shared opinion of yours. Over here that’s actually happening
Maybe its different in Australia?

Where have I said it makes any difference to me? My last post specifically said it was great for the women that were playing.

Not quite true that no one gives a s**t about it. I know of several ladies that play and watch cricket. Then there's the 350k that tuned in to watch the game on the weekend.
You decided to jump in. My question was what difference does the popularity of the women’s game have to you personally. Only Gero has attempted to answer that question

Maybe its different in Australia?
I doubt that. You’ve only just let gays marry haven’t you. You’re considered a more “macho” or shall we say male chauvinist country than the UK. The alpha Aussie male is under threat it seems

Which is my point. :drunk: You're saying that no correct marketing would have fixed MH/MC when that's precisely the only thing that was wrong with it.
No I meant now there's no fixing it.

Unless they moved them somewhere which isn't happening. So now they can't polish that turd. It's just a permanent floating nugget in the AAMI Park Bowl

You decided to jump in. My question was what difference does the popularity of the women’s game have to you personally. Only Gero has attempted to answer that question
The question is irrelevant though. I didn't tune in to watch the women's cricket on the weekend. Personally I don't enjoy watching women's sport. But I'm happy that it's going well for them. The interest is clearly there.

The women's game at least for cricket is actually good to watch. So if you like the sport itself you'll get enjoyment out of watching jt

Don’t agree with that. Both sports have existed fine for generations. I don’t want women’s football or cricket rammed down my throat at every opportunity. If it is going to grow, then it will grow naturally. But it’s currently being force fed to us under the guise of “equality”
That's not true at all. Cricket worldwide is suffering dwindling attendances to the format that matters, only big series where India/SA/Aus/Eng play each other attracts patrons on great numbers. Other than that the game relies on TV revenue, mostly from India. So here we are marketing the game to new fans with gimmicks like T20. Stands to reason that maximising attendances by marketing the game and promoting the game to both genders will safe guard the sport long term.

Same applies here with Football, football is down the pecking order here, one of the last dogs at the bowl in terms of interest, by my count 3 codes of football, cricket and netball are all more popular, marketable and profitable. So again, marketing and growing the game for both genders is beneficial to the game long term, the more people you can get interested the better off the sport is as a whole.

The women's game at least for cricket is actually good to watch. So if you like the sport itself you'll get enjoyment out of watching jt
Really? You’ll watch a women’s cricket game for five days? If you lose to the poms will you be really bummed out by it?

If you lose to the poms
9bERIla.gif

The question is irrelevant though. I didn't tune in to watch the women's cricket on the weekend. Personally I don't enjoy watching women's sport. But I'm happy that it's going well for them. The interest is clearly there.
Just be honest, you don’t give a * so please stop pretending you do. If women never played another game of cricket again it wouldn’t impact you one bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just be honest, you don’t give a **** so please stop pretending you do. If women never played another game of cricket again it wouldn’t impact you one bit

Are we not allowed to be happy for other people? What a miserable existence that would be.

id only watch short forms of it

Nowadays that's all I watch of the men too
You’ve been on the ashes thread giving your opinion which I would hope meant you’ve at least been watching the longer format of the game

Are we not allowed to be happy for other people? What a miserable existence that would be.
Some context may be required on that. Were you happy for Trump supporters when he won last year?

Are we not allowed to see the bigger picture?
What if you have a daughter who likes football/cricket (Ellyse Perry), surely you'd prefer she has a pathway to pursue her interests.

but no we shouldn't give a s**t.

Yep. We are finally get with the times it seems.
The time of men is over. The age of the female has begun. I just hope you don’t have male kids because it’s going to be hard for those poor bastards

Yep. We are finally get with the times it seems.
We're just slow country hicks, we do things long after everyone else.
We don't even have all footy games in HD yet. The NFL has been doing that for ages. FFS I watched a CSI episode from 2005 that's in HD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back