MFC Fans Only The One and Only Jack Watts Thread - All Discussion about JW in here

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Look I’ve got nothing against Watts at all - hope all goes well for him.

But seriously thank **** I don’t have to read articles from that paper on a regular basis. My eyes don’t know whether to bleed or vomit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Pretty crap article.
It's more 'leave Brittany alone' than actually well made points.

A better article would have been about how if your letting your kids learn there morals and judgement ability off the TV then your ******* shit parents.
Not an article basically saying he's a hero.

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Axiom, Greenbay Packers
The demonisation of Jack Watts began on the very first day he was drafted — ironically by the Demons.
It wouldn't be ironic that he was demonised after being drafted by the demons it would be fitting.

Irony is the opposite of what is expected.

I know nobody cares but this the hill I choose to die on.

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty crap article.
It's more 'leave Brittany alone' than actually well made points.

A better article would have been about how if your letting your kids learn there morals and judgement ability off the TV then your ******* shit parents.
Not an article basically saying he's a hero.
Eh, it was nothing brilliant. I think the article was written with the idea of "how many Demons puns can I wring out of this?" rather than provide any new insight.

AFL Club
Melbourne
It wouldn't be ironic that he was demonised after being drafted by the demons it would be fitting.

Irony is the opposite of what is expected.

I know nobody cares but this the hill I choose to die on.
Mine is its utterly perplexing use of commas. Just try to find a consistent approach in that mess.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
I feel for Jack but simultaneously I’m glad it’s not our club responsible for the management and fall out from this because I don’t think any club in the league would really do it well. And it’s not Jack’s fault that he was taken at #1 and has the profile he does even as far as footy players are typically held to higher standards. We arguably exacerbated it. But still, just relieved we can watch from a distance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demon 16

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
On a barely related note, I wonder if that hairy arse picture you sent me all those years ago is still in my message inbox...

Edit: Image removed - violates terms of use!
Haha - bloody hell I’d forgotten about that.

Don’t worry I collect these as a hobby so will send through some others for you now..

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I feel for Jack but simultaneously I’m glad it’s not our club responsible for the management and fall out from this because I don’t think any club in the league would really do it well. And it’s not Jack’s fault that he was taken at #1 and has the profile he does even as far as footy players are typically held to higher standards. We arguably exacerbated it. But still, just relieved we can watch from a distance.
You’ve summed it up. I feel for him. At the same time I’m glad his mess is someone else’s problem.

Top Bottom