MFC Fans Only The One and Only Jack Watts Thread - All Discussion about JW in here

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He copped an unfair amount but never helped himself either. Never a bloke less likely to chase, put their head over the footy or physically effect a contest in the air. Hes the exact opposite of AVB as a footballer

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Definitely mismanaged and poorly developed but in truth he was also grossly overrated by the groupthink of AFL recruiters of the time.

I distinctly recall an early interview with Jack where he said something like “winning isn’t everything to me” and I knew there and then his would be a footy career unfulfilled.

Still, he played 180 odd games and probably made enough dosh to buy a couple of nice houses in Brighton, so good luck to him.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Ok, so, what are the chances we could wait until Jack's negotiated his settlement with Poort, and then convince him to come out of retirement?
$400k for a backup backup ruckman, can we get Jack for $250k? Doesn't need to play a game. He could be our mascot. And seeing as Bennell's out on his arse we'll need someone to organise UDLs etc.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Probably focused more on what he could do rather than what he couldn't.
That makes sense. I was much more supportive of late Melbourne Watts than his early work. I reckon that’s why

Probably focused more on what he could do rather than what he couldn't.

I might try employing this technique in general when watching us play. See if it makes me less bitter and jaded.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I feel like he went to s**t after that hamstring injury in 2017. He was legitimately playing really well in that pseudo ruck position then he wasn't the same when he came back and was shipped out at the end of the year. Didn't help his professionalism still wasn't great off the field and the club didn't want him being a bad influence on the younger players.

I feel like he went to sh*t after that hamstring injury in 2017. He was legitimately playing really well in that pseudo ruck position then he wasn't the same when he came back and was shipped out at the end of the year. Didn't help his professionalism still wasn't great off the field and the club didn't want him being a bad influence on the younger players.

Same club that "taught" him how to be a professional with the likes of Sylvia and Moloney.

Don't disagree we've had a crap culture for a long time, but what I mentioned was the main reason Watts got the boot (And partly Hogan a year later).

Over blown nonsense imo. If there was a culture problem attributed to Watts Roos would have ****ed him off before Goodwin did imo.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He wasn't the same after that hammy injury because he partied in rehab and his professionalism was questioned.

I went to school with the bloke. Lovely guy but always loved to let his hair down.

He wasn't the same after that hammy injury because he partied in rehab and his professionalism was questioned.

I went to school with the bloke. Lovely guy but always loved to let his hair down.
don't you campaigners from that side of town let your hair down by reading how your dads share portfolio is going while eating caviar?

Isn't that joke supposed to apply to every Dees supporter?
only the ones who attend schools like Brighton Grammar

Apparently just clipped a mirror and didn't leave a note
If this is the case it really speaks to why people hate the media so much.

"Serious charges after a hit and run." is such salacious click-bait bullshit.

Journalists love to defend themselves as guardians of the truth holding the powerful to account but then when its completely obvious that they are warping or editorialising a story to generate more clicks they handwave it away because newspapers have to make money.

Maybe it's good for short-term profits but once the trust is completely broken people stop engaging.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Apparently just clipped a mirror and didn't leave a note
Jeez that's rough.

I was a horrible driver. Used to regularly get out of my car and see half the panel scraped off. Rarely had any idea how I got them. I've smashed a tonne of mirrors that I know about and heaps that I don't.

Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
If this is the case it really speaks to why people hate the media so much.

"Serious charges after a hit and run." is such salacious click-bait bullshit.
See if you can top this one from newscomau.

Dean Laidley’s bold fashion statement
The Herald Sun reported the 53-year-old was “sporting long, bright orange acrylic fingernails” and “sat quietly throughout the brief hearing, at one point sipping from a mug adorned with a smiley face and the words ‘Don’t worry, be happy’.

That's from this morning re: Dean being released from rehab. Some appalling headlines re: Shane Tuck from the same place too.

It is all click-bait bullshit, but I doubt the media care that people hate them for it, because we all just keep clicking...

Anyway, **** and swimming > car mirrors.

Back