Teams The ones that didn't get away

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordHaart

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Which players have stuck around in your team despite all of your initial expectations - whether due to them playing well, or just never really being convenient to trade?

• Looking at my team this week, I'm still surprised that I never traded Newnes even after all of the 'meh' rounds he had.
  • I also can't believe I put up with Leuenberger for so long - and I really can't believe that he's actually scoring well enough for me to start him on field now. Downie actually playing was a pleasant surprise too for that matter but he's still my R4.
  • Kolodjashnij was a frustrating player to start with in Round 1 but I'm happy I persisted with him.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have had Lambert since the beginning was questioning why I had still had him when he was out with that shoulder injury and then the first week or two back he was scoring garbage. Last week and this week he seems to be doing pretty well now.

cynical

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Brad Sheppard is still stuck in my backline.

Ended up on the bench for a while now with Oxley out and a host of other problems he gets another run

LordHaart

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Which players have stuck around in your team despite all of your initial expectations - whether due to them playing well, or just never really being convenient to trade?

• Looking at my team this week, I'm still surprised that I never traded Newnes even after all of the 'meh' rounds he had.
  • I also can't believe I put up with Leuenberger for so long - and I really can't believe that he's actually scoring well enough for me to start him on field now. Downie actually playing was a pleasant surprise too for that matter but he's still my R4.
  • Kolodjashnij was a frustrating player to start with in Round 1 but I'm happy I persisted with him.

'course I start a thread praising Leuey only for him to get subbed off in Q3 with a single digit score. Shoulda seen the jinx train coming.

Citrus22

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Newnes - Was never quite bad enough to trade but felt like he was on the cusp quite a few times.
C. Pearce - Granted, I don't have him now but I didn't expect to get 15 rounds and so much cash out of him.
Nankervis - Starting to make some $ late in the year.
M. Dick - Could have made a lot of difference to the look of my back line had he played 5-10 games this year.
J. Tippett - Same as ^

OldMateMuff

Debutant
Jun 5, 2015
Chaing Mai, Thailand
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hertha BSC, SF Giants
Very sad to see Grigg go to make way for Rockliff. Was a great servant to my team this year!

Lee Spurr's ocasional 100+ fixtures have been invaluable (especially lately) for a player in less than 1% of teams. Prone to the occasional 40-60 score though!

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Very sad to see Grigg go to make way for Rockliff. Was a great servant to my team this year!

Lee Spurr's ocasional 100+ fixtures have been invaluable (especially lately) for a player in less than 1% of teams. Prone to the occasional 40-60 score though!

He's not prone to the occasional 40-60.. that's his usual output. He's prone to the occasional 100

OldMateMuff

Debutant
Jun 5, 2015
Chaing Mai, Thailand
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hertha BSC, SF Giants
He's not prone to the occasional 40-60.. that's his usual output. He's prone to the occasional 100

thank you for pointing out this fault. nit picking is such an invaluable human commodity so cheers for saying EXACTLY what i said (occasional 100).

i dont know why this agitated me so much. maybe should've had one less beer before turning on my computer :confused::mad::thumbsu:

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
thank you for pointing out this fault. nit picking is such an invaluable human commodity so cheers for saying EXACTLY what i said (occasional 100).

i dont know why this agitated me so much. maybe should've had one less beer before turning on my computer :confused::mad::thumbsu:

You said he's "prone to the occasional" 40-60 which is bulldust as that's his usual output. What I said still stands and isn't really nit picking at anything, rather just pointing out something that wasn't right.

Don't know why that agitated you so much either... probably should have had one less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back