The "only positive things can be said about other codes" thread

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
This thread should be exclusive for those who want to hear only positive things about other codes.

First up, RA have amended "Giteau's Law" to allow two internationally based players who haven't had 60 caps / 7 seasons of service....

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Optus Sport have launched a new women's football TV show hosted by former Matildas star Alicia Ferguson Cook.

Ferguson Cook will host the show, titled 'Women's Football Oz Style' every matchweek to focus on the Matildas playing in the English Women's Super League.
It's a groundbreaking moment for women's football in Australia, with the FAWSL focus due to Optus Sport's coverage only of English football, and not the W-League.

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Optus Sport have launched a new women's football TV show hosted by former Matildas star Alicia Ferguson Cook.

Ferguson Cook will host the show, titled 'Women's Football Oz Style' every matchweek to focus on the Matildas playing in the English Women's Super League.
It's a groundbreaking moment for women's football in Australia, with the FAWSL focus due to Optus Sport's coverage only of English football, and not the W-League.

Disappointing this thread has not had a lot more traffic from certain posters. A thread that explicitly prohibits negative links to other sports is what some have been whining for for so long.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
I love how in rugby union the international game is the highest goal to aspire toward and Internationals are seen as the most important and most popular matches.

TBh I genuinely love most of the football codes, footy is obvs my absolute favourite but I'm very big soccer and rugby union fan.
I like to watch a good game of rugby league and gaelic footy too, and heck I can even enjoy playoff american/canadian football games.

PJays

Club Legend
Suspended
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
State of Origin is awesome.

How good was QLD's series win this year!

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
225k watching wallabies in Sydney last night compared to 18k for afl.
Don't think any afl match has got near to wallabies this year. BringBackTorps won't report this

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Wallabies actually beat afl nationally;
RUGBY: 2021 WALLABIES V FRANCE 3RD -MATCHChannel 9496,000
6SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL7mate, Channel 7427,000

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Sure it is.
I mean well done to Rugby but Super rugby get those numbers and other sports will start to notice.

On pyramid super rugby would be like vfl. Wallabies is top level for rugby akin to afl.
Face fact rugby just bigger following in Sydney

Back