The only positive

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a poor example at all. Can't believe you'd denigrate your own side after that. You had to win by more than 25 to play finals and you have, that takes some serious determination and desire.
Ummm we have been poor this year on many occasions. Like the poster said, we've only played two or three games with guts and determination and any sort of physicality.

We could beat Port, but we'd be flogged by 80 plus if we played any other finalist in the top 4, hell, the Dons smashed us too.
Most of us truly believe we are a soft club with soft players and a soft coaching panel and a soft corperate ruling body who cares more about profit than results.

We bradburied this finals, absolutely we did.

Will we thought? Probably not.

Yeah exactly. Not making finals this year is fine if the players accept that they've essentially thrown away their burn year, where they could get away with losing a final. From next year onward a prelim is the minimal achievement IMO. No excuses for being 'around the mark' all year like they were this year.

WRT training there's probably an AFLPA agreement that says clubs can't make the players train after their last game

I assume those who are eligible for VFL finals will keep training/playing? A Casey flag would be a nice silver lining.

I hate it how some of us are acting like it's our (the supporters) fault. It's not. It's the club who ******* let us down and they should be ashamed of themselves.
We had an all time high membership number and this is how they pay us back

Not a poor example at all. Can't believe you'd denigrate your own side after that. You had to win by more than 25 to play finals and you have, that takes some serious determination and desire.

I think he's probably referring to their poor performances during the season - he would know better than you in fairness.

They turned up for the game they needed to.

This thread reminds me how incensed I was at the end of 2001. Finished 9th after a bunch of close losses. Particularly Mother's Day at Etihad, when North kicked 4 goals in the last 5 minutes to steal it. That's right, 16 years later I'm still tortured by it. And in 16 years Demons fans will still be tortured by this. 12 months later we played in a grand final. Think of the money you saved not flying to Adelaide. Instead go to Williamstown. It's a hell of a lot more fun. I'll be at North Port next week for the Pies Tigers game.

Funny that the 2 Dees Pies encounters this year provided equal despair for both supporter groups. Queen's b'day was the lowest point of the Pies 2017 campaign. It was the straw that broke the Magpies back. Just awful. The upside is that the rivalry got a kick in the pants. 90 thousand next year.

Now a word about the MORNINGTON PENINSULA FREEWAY AKA THE BULLYING CAPITOL OF AUSTRALIA. If I'm doing a hundred, and I'm overtaking, and you're tailgating me, I'm going to slam my brakes on and take us both out. I don't give a * anymore. The next person to do it, I'm taking us both to the afterlife. The last thing to go through your mind will be the rear end of my black Mitsubishi.

I realise it may seem insincere , but I for feel for the Melbourne football club and its supporters . So close! You have a lot of talented players and hopefully for you supporters this will really be the kick in the guts that will propel you into the finals again next season . Cheers for the season , played some great footy. What a season eh ? Cheers fellas !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But they're playing finals. They're either better, have more heart or both.
The more I think about it, the more I think we've had an incredibly unlucky season.

- The injuries. At one point our list was as long as GWS who were 'so injured' according to the media. Only heard it mention building up to the Swans game. Not to mention the timing (Geelong and Richmond games).

- When we played particular teams. Played Freo in their hot streak. Didn't get opening-season Sydney. Didn't play Brisbane til Round 22 when they have hit form.

- Just bounce-of-the-ball crap. We had a couple of days where no matter what it just wouldn't bounce our way and would totally bounce the opposition's.

It's not much, but when you miss the finals by two ******* goals it adds up.

Bad luck fellas. No doubt you'll make finals next year.
You've got some great young tallent there.

First rounder and Watts for Lever. Do it, you no you want to

We'll never know if we would have gone better against the Crows at the MCG rather than Darwin, but just for MFCSS sake, lets just assume we would have.

* you Darwin. You cost us valuable %

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has mentioned it yet, but suspensions cost us dearly this year. Far too many, disgraceful actually.

Vince twice
Lewis
Salem in vfl
Bugg

We'll never know if we would have gone better against the Crows at the MCG rather than Darwin, but just for MFCSS sake, lets just assume we would have.

**** you Darwin. You cost us valuable %
3 interstate trips in four games, two of which were sold home games by Melbourne clubs. We also lost all three.

I genuinely feel for you guys and these words may sound harsh. Take solace in the fact that they did not deserve it. In a way it is actually justice that they(the players) are not in the finals after yesterdays performance.

I genuinely feel for you guys and these words may sound harsh. Take solace in the fact that they did not deserve it. In a way it is actually justice that they(the players) are not in the finals after yesterdays performance.
That's how we feel about your last place finish

It wasn't a lack a heart, it was a lack of tickets. Your blokes ran out of gas. You do not yet have the experience to cover injuries to important players Jones, Viney, Gawn, Hogan and Brayshaw. The good news is that several players developed a lot this year while your club battled the injury toll. Neal Bullen, Jetta, Hannan, Hunt and Melksham all improved a lot this season.

You brought the blokes back as soon as you could but they were underdone and some players on the rise had given their all to keep you in contention. Right now you aren't seeing any positives and that's understandable but if you had any luck at all this season it was bad. I reckon you make the eight next season and that your coach would have learnt a lot from the year.

I feel emotionally drained at the moment, I want to be angry at everyone but I can't. So many hours poured into the preseason hype, every single weekend where I would do anything and everything to either get to the games or watch them live and so much jubilation and disappointment from week to week. This club has a habit of tugging on your heartstrings but anger passes and i'm sure next year i'll passionately cheer on the boys no matter what.

If you're looking for a positive it's this, resilience. The fans make this club and although it's a laughing stock right now, at least we're not Norf

I feel emotionally drained at the moment, I want to be angry at everyone but I can't. So many hours poured into the preseason hype, every single weekend where I would do anything and everything to either get to the games or watch them live and so much jubilation and disappointment from week to week. This club has a habit of tugging on your heartstrings but anger passes and i'm sure next year i'll passionately cheer on the boys no matter what.

If you're looking for a positive it's this, resilience. The fans make this club and although it's a laughing stock right now, at least we're not Norf
This one is going to take me a while to get over I think. 186 was better than this.

Thats one of the biggest disappointments really. Record membership, record attendances and we put up with this s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back