Golf The Open Championship 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

It's blowing a gale down here(bridport) at the moment,it's being terrible weather but the weekend looks good with still enough wind to make it fun out there.
Yeah I saw the forecast looked decent enough. I've played there in some horrific conditions in the past

Good first day with Phil leading by 3. Hasn't won since The Open 3 years ago. Picked a good time to get back into form. Course record and 28th round of 63 in a major. Can't believe that lip out on 18 for a 62. Didn't he lip out a few years ago for a 59?
Americans dominate the leaderboard not so good for the Aussies.
Scott and Jones the best at -2.
Day a disappointing +2.
50 players under par after the first round, but if the weather is going to turn nasty today, that will surely change.
Can't wait to get home from work and watch.

Can't wait to get home from work and watch.
How good is the coverage. Can watch from 3:30pm all the way through to 5am. I sat there and watched the Adam Scott group on the red button last night.

A few other majors could learn a thing or two. The Masters especially. That was so frustrating sitting their with the "On the range" show on while players were on course playing.

How good is the coverage. Can watch from 3:30pm all the way through to 5am. I sat there and watched the Adam Scott group on the red button last night.

A few other majors could learn a thing or two. The Masters especially. That was so frustrating sitting their with the "On the range" show on while players were on course playing.
I find the American golf coverage pretty ordinary most times. Only show the big names. You'll see every one of Tiger's shots even if he's going crap and if a lesser known player shoots a good score they'll show 1 or 2 shots of highlights.

Greg Chalmers out in the first group. Hopefully he can get around before the worst of the weather.
Be good to see him make the cut.

Kaymer with the epitome of a meltdown there taking 7 from the middle of the fairway.

Scotty just struggling to get anything going, some very poor/defensive approaches.

Beat me to it. Great coverage.

the red button feature only shows stuff in SD right?

Looks bloody miserable out there at the moment.

Pretty happy with how Stenson is going at the moment after a little wager on him during the week. Phil just looking like a tough nut to crack at the moment though but so much golf still to be played!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listenig to one of the sports reporters on RSN (Ben someone) this morning on two aspects:

> Apparently the weather today is good for all groups but for tomorrow you want to be drawn to play in the morning, Windy as all on Friday afternoon over there. Draw doesnt help Speith or Day
> Day apparently hurt himself in practice yesterday, whilst Jason says it is nothing serious and he is fine this reporter is very very close to the Day camp. If he says Jason is hitting lasers Day wins, he said nothing of the sort this morning

FWIW I think Henrik Stenson will win and the highest placed Aussie will be Leishmann

loving Henrik atm

go you ripper

love to see phil lose. makes me happy. dunno why

I could watch this on loop for ages.
Put a cheeky tenner on Henrik at $31. Go you good thing
I think he and Big Phil look like getting the best of conditions again. Whoever takes most advantage of that will be well placed.

So after 54 holes it's pretty much down to 2 players unless someone goes crazy low or they both collapse which is very unlikely.
Good luck to those who put money on Stenson.
I think he'll get the win, probably a bit more consistent than Phil however the back 9 on Sunday, the nerves will be tested especially going for your first major.

I really don't like the female commentator.

Throws out something like "ooo he won't be happy with that shot, heading right." But when the ball comes in "not as bad as he would've first thought"

Come on!

I really don't like the female commentator.

Throws out something like "ooo he won't be happy with that shot, heading right." But when the ball comes in "not as bad as he would've first thought"

Come on!
The female commentator is Laura Davies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back