PS4 The Order: 1886

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought about it, but feel like a dickhead playing a game then bringing it back haha

It is possible, though yeah?

I remember buying a mate Super Smash bros for Christmas, but he already got it, so went back to EB to return it and the guy goes "oh you didn't like the game?"

I was like, what? You can return a game just because you didn't like it? Haha wtf

Last time I did it I just told the guy I had finished it. He just shrugged and said 'cool - do you wanna buy scratch protection?'.

Not too fussed by that if it was a speed run and on easy. As long as the game itself is enjoyable I'll be picking it up.

I actually like shorter games nowadays. There's so many games that are coming out and so many games that I've still yet to play. If every game was 25-40 hours I'd have no hope of playing many games.

I usually add anywhere from 5-15 hours, sometimes more, to games that people review, because I try to be a completionist it always takes longer for me. I also like taking my time and enjoying the scenery and the lore. I remember Vanquish, people were knocking that out in 4-5 hours, I took about 17 hours to finish it.

I usually add anywhere from 5-15 hours, sometimes more, to games that people review, because I try to be a completionist it always takes longer for me. I also like taking my time and enjoying the scenery and the lore. I remember Vanquish, people were knocking that out in 4-5 hours, I took about 17 hours to finish it.

Me too. I would also add that I dont try and rush games to complete a review

So I confirmed with JB that I can get refund within 7 days as long as I have my receipt and it's good condition.

Looks like I should be able to platinum this by this weekend. I'm KINDA hoping I love it enough to just keep it anyway, but I'm not so sure. This looks like it puts MGS4 to shame with it's gameplay vs cutscene ratio. Which worries me. I don't mind the short length. Short games are good.

Yeah I thought it came out today & was told a day early, game releases used to be so much simpler on a Thursday.

Now I have to go to 2 different places tomorrow as I'll need to cancel my JB special edition.

Sony's nig first party games are now world wide releases on a friday, it started with The Last of Us and Infamous was another one. Sometimes the pre-order DLC codes are not active day1. but we still get it before the US.

Am I the only one who, now no longer having ages of time to play video games like when I was a kid, does not mind short games? It's all well and good to have 100 hour games like Skyrim but I find I rarely finish them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the whole short game time has been overblown.

The ultimatum isn't 5 hours or 100 hours. That's just ******* stupid.

But the guy who did a speed run, smashed it in 5 hours. If the game is about 10 hours long, that's a suitable amount of time.

If it's 5 hours long, then no way is it worth the 60 bucks, or 100 bucks in Australia.

But it's unlikely that the game will be that short. And if it is, you're deluding yourself if you think it's worth full price.

But the guy who did a speed run, smashed it in 5 hours. If the game is about 10 hours long, that's a suitable amount of time.

If it's 5 hours long, then no way is it worth the 60 bucks, or 100 bucks in Australia.

But it's unlikely that the game will be that short. And if it is, you're deluding yourself if you think it's worth full price.

If it is 5 hours and people don't like the length, then they can hold out on buying it until it becomes cheaper. Most people have a huge backlog on this site anyway so there are other games they could be playing.

Something tells me EB are going to have a lot of 7 day returns on their hands. Still need to cancel my JB order, being able to return within a week and swap for Dying Light >>>>> Sackboy figurine.

I don't mind the game length, there is a place for them in the industry, especially for those of us that only get an hour or 2 gaming a night due to kids/work...... just don't charge full price for it, from all reports there's no replayability either, not good enough.

I think I'll buy it from EB, smash it out and then return it for cash back + Majora's Mask after 7 days.
dhMeAzK.gif

Huh

Not sure about that review, seems to be the only one up so far so I will reserve judgement until a few more come out, or if people here play it. Sounds good though, nice to see the 5 hr thing knocked on its head.

because the embargo is till midnight our time

Reviews aren't great. :(

Well i dont take much notice of them anymore, I look more at people playing the game and proper previews. Im still getting it tomorrow, If its s**t ill take it back and get something else. but all the QTE's are disappointing after it got a poor response at E3 last year i had hoped they fixed it to more game play. But Shadow of Mordor had a lot of QTE that didnt take too much from the game.

I saw EB are offering the season pass for free with Dying Light. might check that out next week if this is s**t. Dying light looks better than i thought it would after watching some game play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back