Solved The Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist

Remove this Banner Ad

Warning don't read if you want to sleep well.

attachment.php

This is an American case from California and the guys MO is to break into houses at night and commit his crimes while his victims are sleeping, which personally is the scariest freakin thing I can imagine when it comes these types of crimes. Suprisingly, he is not that well known compared to others and I only found out about him, on a crime forum when I was looking into Mr Cruel because of their similiar MO.

He is believed to be active from 1976 to 1986 and suspected of 10 murders and over 50 rapes. Most of his victims are middle class females who lived alone. He mainly used a bike as a method of transport. He was chased away several times shooting one pursuer and once escaping from a cop by jumping over fences in backyards.

It wasn't until 2001 that the rapes and murders were connected by DNA officially hence the 2 names for the offender. Also it seems they have very little in terms of suspects which is messed up the few they had were eliminated by DNA or other means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Night_Stalker

Holy crap just found this website the picture they have is freaky, I noticed all photos show he has large eyes. It wont let me link it though but if you click on it plays a voice recording of a phone call he made to one of this victims. Its pretty chilling on first hearing.

http://www.ear-ons.com/index2.html

Arrrggggh I read the warning and figured nothing of it. Then I read the sleeping thing and jesus farkin christ, I'm regretting it. I definitely couldn't listen to that recording, nor look at the photos. 'orrible.

Tonight's mantra: I am not a middle class female in America in the 70s and 80s... I am not a middle class female in America in the 70s and 80s... I am not a middle class female in America in the 70s and 80s... I am not a middle class female in America in the 70s and 80s... I am not a...

I have read a lot about this guy, there is a book but it's by a detective so its kind of bland, just a run down of all the crimes. Here is some horror movie style details to scare you:

- There was a town hall meeting where the police gave information on how to avoid being a victim. One guy stood up and was acting the hero, saying he didn't believe the guy was so scarey and that he'd kill him if he ever tried to come to his house. The EAR was at the meeting, followed the guy home and a few nights later broke into his house, tied him up and raped his wife. There are some pictures of the town hall meetings but it didnt lead anywhere

- He would break into the house sometimes days before the actual attack and unlock doors and windows to make it easier. In one attack he allowed the victims to reach for a shotgun, which he had earlier broken into the house and unloaded.

- In two of the murders, police found footprints of a three toed german shephard. He fed the dog from the victims fridge.

- He would sometimes stay in the house all night, starting the attacks at like 1am then staying until just before the sun came up, ransacking the house and eating.

- He never stole anything of value, even in houses where he found significant amounts of cash he would leave it.

- He would phone the victims years after the attacks, even some who moved and got silent numbers.

Oh yeah and one other thing that always made me rage :eek: In one of the attacks a neighbour actually saw him break into the house, where he stayed for like 5 hours.

But she didn't want to get involved and thought he was probably just some kid or petty thief, so she didn't call the cops and went back to sleep.

I forgot about the dog thing but I did read that somewhere. The town meeting I had not heard of sounds genuine as this guy was quite bold.

Man as is the first attack wasnt enough. Tormenting his victims by calling them again jesus. Sounds like inflicting fear was a great motivator for him.

Hadn't heard of this one, fascinating, as someone else has pointed out most serial killers have lived in Southern Cal at some stage of thier life, something to do with fame, but it could also have something to do with access to a large population and easy anonymity.

Something must have happened to him... locked up or killed. No way somebody that daring and successful would just stop.

He stopped right at the time DNA became well known, just before the first bunch of criminals were convincted on DNA evidence.

This is interesting because california has tens of thousands of samples from criminals of the 70s and 80s waiting to be entered in the system. If him or someone closely related to him was previously arrested catching him would be as easy as putting it into the computer tomorrow.

The problem - California is completely bankrupt and have trouble maintaining a police force to fight the crime of 2012. Entering the thousands of samples from criminals of the 70s is about last on their priorities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those phones call remind me of black Christmas (1974).. alias there was a bang outside my window shortly after listening to that audio, well looks like i have some plaster work tomorrow.

One of the more screwed up disturbing pieces of audio I have listened to in my life.

I remember watching one of those yank " most shocking " episodes.
Some guy had torched a house and filmed it burning from the bushes....all the while laughing and ranting.....serious chills down the spine watching that knowing old mate was so far gone and had NO hope of rehab

Holy crap just found this website the picture they have is freaky, I noticed all photos show he has large eyes. It wont let me link it though but if you click on it plays a voice recording of a phone call he made to one of this victims. Its pretty chilling on first hearing.

http://www.ear-ons.com/index2.html
That should not be on the internet. Fully ****ed. I lasted about 10 seconds. *.

I actually thought this thread was about Richard Ramirez; have literally never read anything about this case. Funnily enough, an artist's image of Ramirez before he was caught also had him looking like he had the eyes of a Simpsons character, which clearly wasn't accurate.

Seems strange that they don't seem to have narrowed things down much based on what is known about the attacker and how he was obviously based in specific areas at specific times. The incident where the woman screamed, after she and her husband heard him chanting to himself that he was going to kill them (almost undoubtedly saving their lives, as he fled, assuming that he'd been heard) was a bit freaky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back