Solved The Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
So he never ejaculated from any of the rapes (which included multiple rapes on individual victims)? That is such a bizarre and crazy thing, which I think makes it more horrifying (as if it wasn't already).

Has there been any reference to what his childhood was like? Hard to imagine there was no major trauma in his life at some point that made him do these things, some rejection from women because of the size of his penis (and probably taunts from men within his Navy career) would have played a part no doubt.

So he never ejaculated from any of the rapes (which included multiple rapes on individual victims)? That is such a bizarre and crazy thing, which I think makes it more horrifying (as if it wasn't already).

I think he did, his crimes were pre-DNA although they knew he was a non-secretor and they had a heap of evidence from rape kits but most of it was discarded after the statute of limitations for rape expired.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
It sounds like he said a lot of things to throw Police off his true identity during the crimes, as well as that, he physically tried to hide his true identity. Did he always have bad breath and body odor or was that another "trick" to mask his identity along with the changing hair colour?

I think he did, his crimes were pre-DNA although they knew he was a non-secretor and they had a heap of evidence from rape kits but most of it was discarded after the statute of limitations for rape expired.

So he wont be charged for all the crimes he committed?

Has there been any reference to what his childhood was like? Hard to imagine there was no major trauma in his life at some point that made him do these things, some rejection from women because of the size of his penis (and probably taunts from men within his Navy career) would have played a part no doubt.

There was an article I saw on reddit where his nephew stated that he witnessed his sister being raped when he was 9 and the sister was 7. I’ll try to find it

Edit. https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/the...d-two-men-rape?utm_term=.ylG0nZ67M#.guOlM0ONG

Found this different kind of podcast on the murders of two girls around the same time the Visalia Ransacker was active, in the same area for which another man was convicted. The hosts, an older couple who I think might have a law background launched this investigative podcast on the premise that the guy who was convicted was set up. Now that DeAngelo's been arrested and we all know he was a cop it's even more convincing.

https://12-26-75.com/

The trial stuff is a tedious but if you can get used to their style the rest is actually pretty good. They're quite sharp.

An observation, at least one of these girls went to Mt Witney where Claude Snelling's daughter attended and there's another Mt Witney girl who was removed from her house, taken to the canal - rape failed.

Mention of a thirteenth murder: A possible 13th Golden State Killer slaying was mentioned in the search warrant, defense attorney says https://lat.ms/2L13H5s

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://www.thequesterfiles.com/html/justice_means_just_us__not_you.html

Quester writes about the inaccuracies in M McNamara's book.

Quote :
"How smart as opposed to how lucky was the East Area Rapist-Night Stalker to have avoided being identified then or at least long before now? This is a question that will remain for a long time. If DeAngelo is proved to be all the various perps— EAR, Cordova Cat, Visalia Ransacker, Night Stalker— his unrelenting sense of security may have been the result of all the inaccurate reports of his appearance. Cops were not above suspicion, but living in Auburn at the time, far removed from the East Area, insulated him somewhat. Driving long distances to begin his attacks was truly his one bit of inspiration, if he turns out to be convicted. Still, had the Visalia Ransacker description not been so skewed some detective might have become suspicious, especially in 1979 when seeing that this Auburn cop had gotten fired for shoplifting a can of dog repellent. Discovering he had been a cop nearby to Visalia during the VR crimes, that the EAR crimes began soon after he had moved back to Sacramento’s area, that he had threatened the chief of Auburn police, might have been enough to start an investigation. But with the Ransacker likened to a very blonde and adolescent, effeminate petty pervert, why would anybody link VR to a cop in Exeter or in Auburn? For Night Stalker crimes down south there are no perp descriptions. He simply was not seen."

2250f2c829d0c2efd226db7110e45106.jpg
de8e4697e072402f29ecdca75deaceb3.jpg

I know Deangelo definitely isn't Mr Cruel but found this list of similarities in their MO, it's eerie. So, wondering if because we now know EAR was a cop, if investigators here have considered they too might be looking for one of their own. If Cruel was a cop.

1. Time of attack was always late night/early morning.
2. Cut the phone line.
3. Was armed with a knife AND a gun.
4. Wore selfmade balaclavas/ski masks.
5. Had a similar height (5'8-6'0) and are described as white males of about 30-35 years of age.
6. Calmed victims down initially by "Don't worry, won't hurt you, all I want is your money".
7. Tied both hands and feet.
8. Described as athletic.
9. Ordered adult victims to lie on their stomachs.
10. Used a complicated (navy) knot to tie victims.
11. Blindfolded AND gagged his victims.
12. Took frequent breaks during the attacks to wander around the house.
13. Had a habit of making meals during the attack.
14. Took small, personal souvenirs from the residence.
15. Did extensive stalking and surveillance months prior to the attack, where both perps posed as joggers.
16. Attempted to mislead victims by talking to people who were not there.
17. Used a scripted MO.
18. Ruthlessly shot and killed victims, execution style, like with Offerman and Cruel's last victim, who were a threat to him.
19. Did not localize his attacks in a small area.
20. Used junker cars.
21. Concentrated attacks in middle and upper class areas.
22. Appeared to attack quick and methodical, military in planning and execution.
23. Had extensive knowledge of forensic and LE methods of tracking perps and accumulating evidence.
24. Were both reported to have bad breath.
25. Were described as sounding nervous.
26. Were "softspoken"

A few dissimilarities but not as many as there are similar.

Mr Blicavs

Basking in Premiership glory!
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors - Maple Leafs
I know Deangelo definitely isn't Mr Cruel but found this list of similarities in their MO, it's eerie. So, wondering if because we now know EAR was a cop, if investigators here have considered they too might be looking for one of their own. If Cruel was a cop.

1. Time of attack was always late night/early morning.
2. Cut the phone line.
3. Was armed with a knife AND a gun.
4. Wore selfmade balaclavas/ski masks.
5. Had a similar height (5'8-6'0) and are described as white males of about 30-35 years of age.
6. Calmed victims down initially by "Don't worry, won't hurt you, all I want is your money".
7. Tied both hands and feet.
8. Described as athletic.
9. Ordered adult victims to lie on their stomachs.
10. Used a complicated (navy) knot to tie victims.
11. Blindfolded AND gagged his victims.
12. Took frequent breaks during the attacks to wander around the house.
13. Had a habit of making meals during the attack.
14. Took small, personal souvenirs from the residence.
15. Did extensive stalking and surveillance months prior to the attack, where both perps posed as joggers.
16. Attempted to mislead victims by talking to people who were not there.
17. Used a scripted MO.
18. Ruthlessly shot and killed victims, execution style, like with Offerman and Cruel's last victim, who were a threat to him.
19. Did not localize his attacks in a small area.
20. Used junker cars.
21. Concentrated attacks in middle and upper class areas.
22. Appeared to attack quick and methodical, military in planning and execution.
23. Had extensive knowledge of forensic and LE methods of tracking perps and accumulating evidence.
24. Were both reported to have bad breath.
25. Were described as sounding nervous.
26. Were "softspoken"

A few dissimilarities but not as many as there are similar.
Think you’ll find this interesting Shelly
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/tru...to-do-evil-while-committing-rape-attacks/amp/

Have read that before. Care to elaborate on your post Shelley? You think he was a cop or you've heard things?

Heard bits and pieces but nothing about Cruel possibly being a cop, ever actually which might even be a bit weird because surely considering the way he operated, it must have crossed someone's mind.

Elkner is interesting but he has to be covered and they can't arrest him. If he's the number one suspect, they would have been all over him for years, spared no expense and eventually would have linked him in. I think like the EAR, the real Cruel was probably never (OFFICIALLY) on their radar at all.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Claims a couple of really ugly homemade balaclavas were seized are floating around.
Shellyg thats been ongoing since jjd arrest afaik. That does seem to be misinformation though...Wwait,
Where did that rumor source from please?
JmO

Back