Solved The Original Night Stalker/East Area Rapist

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im surprise so many got his age wrong early on, nearly everyone said he was around 19/20 when he was actually around 30.

I think I recall an investigator saying his age would be dependent on the females, say for example, if a girl was 18 she would say he was around her age or a few years older. And if the girl was 20s, and 30s his age would again a few years older.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I think I recall an investigator saying his age would be dependent on the females, say for example, if a girl was 18 she would say he was around her age or a few years older. And if the girl was 20s, and 30s his age would again a few years older.
All my information was from case file, but i seem to recall everyone had him at around the same age, and the victims were of all different ages.

Link ruled out = click bait

"The Australian can reveal US authorities have looked at the possibility the Golden State Killer fled to Australia, while Victorian police have confirmed they investigated and ruled out a connection to that state’s infamous unidentified offender Mr Cruel.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...l/news-story/6c91599d9be8db79a7a33bd814b097a0

Has it been confirmed anywhere though or do we know that the EAR or GSK actually came to Australia at any time? Not as Mr Cruel but ever as a visit?

Call it a hunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gimlet's excellent podcast 'Without Fail' just released an episode on this case. It's a conversation with Paul Holes and how he worked on catching DeAngelo.

Well worth a listen if you're a follower of this case. Only goes for about 40 minutes, so a good one for those with a morning commute.

Will check it out today hopefully. Always have time for Paul. Anything interesting/surprising/new details ?

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will check it out today hopefully. Always have time for Paul. Anything interesting/surprising/new details ?
I guess it depends on how much you've read or listened to him. He explains the process he went through, his failures, how they came to the realisation that they needed to get his DNA, how they eventually obtained the DNA, how he found out and how he told his wife.
I enjoyed it.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Man in the Window a comprehensive podcast tracing JDA life and a hint at his trigger point

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

DeAngelo Was Falsely Arrested For Attempting To Rob a Gas Station

"On April 16, 1996, Joseph James DeAngelo, who was 50 at the time, was arrested in a sting operation that targeted individuals with outstanding warrants. All suspects have been told that they had won free Super Bowl tickets they could pick up at an office in Sacramento."

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

DeAngelo Was Falsely Arrested For Attempting To Rob a Gas Station

"On April 16, 1996, Joseph James DeAngelo, who was 50 at the time, was arrested in a sting operation that targeted individuals with outstanding warrants. All suspects have been told that they had won free Super Bowl tickets they could pick up at an office in Sacramento."
1574599335060.png

On April 14, 2018, at 3:30 am, a security camera captured a man wearing a wig prowling around the private residence in Folsom, California. The prowler walked up to the front door, rang the doorbell, knocked, and walked around for about a minute before leaving the premises after noticing a security camera.

View attachment 784097

On April 14, 2018, at 3:30 am, a security camera captured a man wearing a wig prowling around the private residence in Folsom, California. The prowler walked up to the front door, rang the doorbell, knocked, and walked around for about a minute before leaving the premises after noticing a security camera.

Is he wearing a bra with padding?

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 784097

It does look like jjd in the cctv photo.
Whats the chance it was him prowling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back