Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't really get behind GWS. The fake franchise club that still benifits from AFL subsidised handouts.
I want GWS just for another non Vic team to shove it up the Vics. In saying that, I wouldnt mind Collingwood winning as like others have said, their fans were fun to interact with last year and there was no animosity pre and post season, they were good fun to talk and banter win (something I cant say for Hawks and Sydney supporters in the lead up to 05/06/15). So I'll be supporting whoever wins next Saturday.

(tbh I dont have any issues with Richmond or Geelong either)

Brisbane were an utter waste of a top 2 spot. Clearly didn't deserve to be there in hindsight and got there from the fixture inequalities. Nearly every year a team bounces due to a soft draw (we certainly did in 2015). It makes it hard when the competition is so even at the top, as things like home ground advantage and a week off can make the only real difference between the teams.

Brisbane were an utter waste of a top 2 spot. Clearly didn't deserve to be there in hindsight and got there from the fixture inequalities. Nearly every year a team bounces due to a soft draw (we certainly did in 2015). It makes it hard when the competition is so even at the top, as things like home ground advantage and a week off can make the only real difference between the teams.
Let’s see how they back up next year with a harder draw, but I have to disagree. Could have been 5 goals up at half time last week, which you imagine would have seen them win. Lost a narrow classic tonight against a talented outfit. Hardly a waste of a top 2 spot.

After the gracious way most Collingwood supporters handled the loss last season I will be on their train.

Besides I just cant barrack for any of these teams: In ascending order of dislike, with turdometer graphics.

GWS : AFL love child , so be assured that the green turds will assist them with every 50/50 decision. :poo:

Richmond : Bit to full of themselves at the moment a distinct smell self righteousness at the Club. :poo::poo::poo:

Geelong : Dick Eaters and the most obnoxious, objectionable, putrid posters on BF. :poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo:

Collingwood to beat GWS.
Richmond to beat The Dick Eaters.

GF : Collingwood V Richmond.

Last edited:
We beat every team in 2015 and made a grand final. Easier fixture may have helped with some good wins to kick start but we were hardly a waste of a spot

I don't think anyone can really fault the umpire for not picking the throw since it looked pretty hard to see. Has to be certain to call it.

I definitely think umps should be accountable, but sometimes I feel we're too harsh on them. They can't see everything we can see, they're on the field, we don't know exactly what they see or not. Maybe they should all be wearing go pros, umpy cam, so we can see what they see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the gracious way most Collingwood supporters handled the loss last season I will be on their train.

Besides I just cant barrack for any of these teams: In ascending order of dislike, with turdometer graphics.

GWS : AFL love child , so be assured that the green turds will assist them with every 50/50 decision. :poo:

Richmond : Bit to full of themselves at the moment a distinct smell self righteousness at the Club. :poo::poo::poo:

Geelong : Dick Eaters and the most obnoxious, objectionable, putrid posters on BF. :poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo:

Collingwood to beat GWS.
Richmond to beat The Dick Eaters.

GF : Collingwood V Richmond.
There's no way I will ever back a Victorion club over an interstate one.

Come on gaiz, if GWS win a flag before Cockburn it'll be one of the funniest things of all time.

I mean you'd think a 17 year head start might do the trick but hey 🤷‍♂️ :freo:🚽

Excellent point :thumbsu: :whitecheck: ... that would leave only them :freo: and the Basket Case :goldcoast: as never having won a 🏆 .

Didn't particularly notice Pies fans being gracious in defeat last year, thought they kept on going on about Willie deserving a free kick against him and there being a lot of unfair calls against them (although this could mainly be other people). Regardless I'm not actively going to support any other team, or actively support against another team. Despite GWS being a product of the VFL (which isn't really their fault), with all the Vic bias, I would prefer a non-Vic team to win and I don't really have anything against GWS atm. In fact I would've been okay with Brisbane winning too. There is only 1 interstate team that I wouldn't want to see a flag at any time lol, while Sydney are virtually a Vic team.

Didn't particularly notice Pies fans being gracious in defeat last year, thought they kept on going on about Willie deserving a free kick against him and there being a lot of unfair calls against them (although this could mainly be other people). Regardless I'm not actively going to support any other team, or actively support against another team. Despite GWS being a product of the VFL (which isn't really their fault), with all the Vic bias, I would prefer a non-Vic team to win and I don't really have anything against GWS atm. In fact I would've been okay with Brisbane winning too. There is only 1 interstate team that I wouldn't want to see a flag at any time lol, while Sydney are virtually a Vic team.

I've met good and bad ones, like any club, but a few bad incidents do stick in my memory.

Can't get behind the Pies, though - unless they play Geelong perhaps. Would prefer GWS - daylight - then Richmond, small gap, Collingwood, Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back