Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing that the most talented player of the worst team in the league was able to join the team that won the 2017 premiership and finished the regular season last year on top for the loss of nothing apart from his salary due to free agency was bad enough.

Knowing that the team he departed has now lost its last 18 matches in a row.

Then watching as that player goes on to kick five goals in a Preliminary Final to give a top team their second Grand Final in three years..

It does not sit well with me.

Yeah it's certainly a massive leg up. And they get a lot of them. It just highlights how tough it is to win a flag from WA.

Knowing that the most talented player of the worst team in the league was able to join the team that won the 2017 premiership and finished the regular season last year on top for the loss of nothing apart from his salary due to free agency was bad enough.

Knowing that the team he departed has now lost its last 18 matches in a row.

Then watching as that player goes on to kick five goals in a Preliminary Final to give a top team their second Grand Final in three years..

It does not sit well with me.

Free Agency was always going to help the higher placed VFL teams. The rich get richer, and the poorer clubs get poorer when the rich clubs poach their best players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond is the only team that deserves to win the flag. Have clearly been the best team the 2nd half of the season. Every other team has limped or stuttered to the finals. And we were the only team to get within 3 goals of them, on their home deck too.
Rubbish. Richmond are the only team that travelled once since the bye. Give us 9 games at Optus in a row and we finish on top.

I’m not going to watch a Richmond/anyone GF

I’ve watched every grand final since the late 70’s except 2017

Will be supporting the winner of tomorrow’s game in the GF big time

Have to chuckle at BT saying "Jack's had a quietish night".
I think he went kickless in the first 3 quarters and kicked some
Junk time points near the end.

Can imagine the comments if Jack Darling had those stats.
He would've been crucified.

Or Kennedy really. Over 30 and out according to half this board.

It really is a key forward's lot. Praised to high heaven or crucified, seldom inbetween.

But what about Tom Lynch and his story from rags to riches.

Have to get behind that one surely?

:moustache:

Due to some emotional family ties I really hope for Collingwood. Besides that I respect Buckley enormously.
My richmond side of the family typical bandwagonners, no interest in constant updates on sms about how great they are...I might just fein a migraine all day.

I’m in a s**t position this Grand Final

As mentioned earlier, I’ve got IRL, mates from both team and the Tiger mates are far nicer and not campaigners like my Pie (& Hawk) mates

Please let there be a Preliminary final miracle for GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back