VFL The other Port vs the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Highlights are up on the AFL Victoria YouTube channel although it's not exhaustive. Interesting to see that Sweet tried the exact same thing that he did a couple of weeks ago where he kicked the goal out of midair in the ruck contest.

Highlights are up on the AFL Victoria YouTube channel although it's not exhaustive. Interesting to see that Sweet tried the exact same thing that he did a couple of weeks ago where he kicked the goal out of midair in the ruck contest.

Link ? I’m having trouble finding it

Like all of our key defenders, Lew Young is not strong in the upper body and is easily out-manouevred by bigger bodies. He's more of a spoiling from behind type of backman and a good mark when he doesn't have to physically 'wrestle' with an opponent. I'm not sure where this leaves him as an AFL player. Does he need more gym? Could he play as a mobile forward? I'd like to see him in the seniors before the season ends so we can all see where he's at and what he needs to do to develop further. Keep in mind that he's only 20 and young talls are rarely proficient at that age.

Like all of our key defenders, Lew Young is not strong in the upper body and is easily out-manouevred by bigger bodies. He's more of a spoiling from behind type of backman and a good mark when he doesn't have to physically 'wrestle' with an opponent. I'm not sure where this leaves him as an AFL player. Does he need more gym? Could he play as a mobile forward? I'd like to see him in the seniors before the season ends so we can all see where he's at and what he needs to do to develop further. Keep in mind that he's only 20 and young talls are rarely proficient at that age.
666 hasn't helped him. He's a floating defender, an excellent spare.

20yo and obviously needs a few more years. Just have to remove expectations that he is the immediate answer to our KP problems at either end.
Good guy to have developing on the list. Kind of reminds me of hamlings progress I think. We dont want to be the team that puts in the early years on him and then gives him away for nothing.

vzcwrwu.png

4F42tKA.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veszpremi still running around. Talk about a blast from the past!
A reminder that having a draft pick in the top 12 doesn't guarantee you a decent player. Spuds await those who don't do their homework.

I'm sure your comment applies to trading as well.
Yes, it was primarily about Sydney picking him up with Pick 11 but then they cut their losses by swapping him for Andrejs Everitt who was a similar sort of reach but at least was a slightly better player.

We got burned twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back