The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also available as a podcast, this is a searing critique of America from a very entertaining Canadian renaissance man professor.

One bit that really struck a chord with me was that even though some people treat retail staff & service folk like doormats in Australia, most of us can look them in the eye because of our social contract - decent wages & conditions.

In America, there’s an underlying embarrassment because you’re acutely aware that the person serving you has low wages & no social safety net. It makes for a subservient underclass.

I recommend the book “Nickel and Dimed” for a partial explanation of this phenomenon.

People assume we’re heading for the Chinese century as the US declines, but my reserarch suggests that China is burdened by false accounting & hidden debt . They’ll rebound quicker from the recession though.

He is a 12 yr old stuck in 74 yr old body.
Reporters getting shot with rubber bullets now “ a beautiful “ thing.

Those that support this criminal are indeed deplorable.

I know we have delusional zealots in politics here, but this is a whole next level, exposed by Leigh Sales with just some straightforward questions:

When even Republicans who worked for Trump are worried about the state of their nation (my concern here is more for the effect it will have on our country here and global stability, but if some of the potential scenarios play out, many Americans will die - not just from COVID, but from violent confrontations):

Who is tuning into the Giant Yellow Tumor vs Warm Comforting, yet Declining Bottle of Piss today (first debate)?

Maybe we should do a game day thread?

Will give it a go - I'm sure it will be cringeworthy (probably on both sides). Don't know how long I'll last - already have had bad news today so this debate will probably add to it showing that the USA, leader of the 'free' world, is the sliding backwards basket case it is. When China invades us, don't rely on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biden is too old ( as is Trump )
Trump is just a child. You will never hear one profound utterance from him.

A good sharp mind , would destroy him.

Biden is too old ( as is Trump )
Trump is just a child. You will never hear one profound utterance from him.

A good sharp mind , would destroy him.

They wouldn't be heard, he won't let anyone speak.

If Trump was playing in the forward pocket for the bombers or the plastics, I would dust off Barry Hall, send him into the back line as a loose-man and give him instructions to punch holes in the fat campaigner and pull his hair piece off, then kick the hair piece into the crowd

You would a country of 335 million , there would be 2 better candidates than I just witnesse.
Neither one would win a high school debate.

A good high school debater could take them both down:
“Why are you so chicken s**t to ask Trump which foreigners own debt? His hundreds of millions in debt?”

I know poor example (sleep deprived).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back