Multiplat The Outer Worlds

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm already calling it. 6 and a half hours in and unless there is some catastrophic drop off then I think I've got my GOTY.

I think it’ll get my GOTY too, but right now Gears 5 is ahead. Still yet to finish Days Gone but I’ve spent 15+ hours playing that and think it’s good but nothing special.

I think it’ll get my GOTY too, but right now Gears 5 is ahead. Still yet to finish Days Gone but I’ve spent 15+ hours playing that and think it’s good but nothing special.

Now that I've renewed my Game Pass Gears is going to be one of my next games. I struggled to keep motivated in Days Gone too. Still have to squeeze in Control and Death Stranding before the end of the year but it's pretty refreshing to have a heap of good games to play for a change!

Surely they won't fu** up the next Elder Scrolls.

XAQnmCm.jpg

Almost level 20. Have put most of my points into speech. It's actually important in this game. Most of the rest in science.

Games damn good.

Almost level 20. Have put most of my points into speech. It's actually important in this game. Most of the rest in science.

Games damn good.

I started off with a tech + weapons build for my first run figuring I'll shoot my way through before a more intricate build after I learn the game more for the second run. Didn't take long to realise how important speech skills were, especially as they give damage buffs. I can't invest many points there now unfortunately for min max reasons but I chucked a few in and made up a few more with companions. As long as I have some + speech skill gear and alcohol I can manage to talk my way through any situation but just lacking the combat buffs. I think the only one I have is the 20% cower chance against humans from intimidation I think it is.

Fallout in space. I've been enjoying this and alternating between Modern Warfare when I need a change of pace.

Game isn't perfect but ticks the right boxes. I'm playing on Hard mode and the difficulty is there, even with 2 companions. Loading times can be a little frustrating but not as bad as the older Fallout games.

Story is a little confusing. But I'm enjoying it.

Never played any Fallout games, but this sounds pretty interesting. Good reviews from everyone on here so far. Went to grab it when I was out yesterday, but both EB and JB were sold out. Will try the JB near work today, otherwise might just order it off Amazon.
JB near work sold out too. Amazon it is. Arrives Wednesday, NBN is getting connected at our new place Wed arvo so works out.

It’s $1 on PC if you sign up for the Xbox ultimate game pass. Should be easy to complete in a month as I don’t think it’s a super long game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s $1 on PC if you sign up for the Xbox ultimate game pass. Should be easy to complete in a month as I don’t think it’s a super long game
Only thing bad thing about it is there is no cross play between Xbox and PC with save games. Disappointing as I go away for work so it is handy to be able to play in on my laptop every now and again. Can't be arsed starting a new game.

signed up to gamepass and downloaded it last night.

so what is the difference between gamepass and ultimate gamepass?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Think Ultimate gives you access to both Xbox and PC, but I could stand to be corrected on that.

Think Ultimate gives you access to both Xbox and PC, but I could stand to be corrected on that.
I think that's correct, maybe a couple of better games thrown in too (Outer Wilds required Ultimate). Who ever runs the naming department at Xbox needs to be moved on. Maybe after The Xbox 720 comes out next gen.

My understanding was that Ultimate is just Xbox Live and Gamespass combined, not really any other difference. Then there's Games Pass PC, and Games Pass Xbox, which are separate and only get you the games pass catalogue but no online play.

My understanding was that Ultimate is just Xbox Live and Gamespass combined, not really any other difference. Then there's Games Pass PC, and Games Pass Xbox, which are separate and only get you the games pass catalogue but no online play.
So is Ultimate basically the equivalent of PS Plus? Don't have an Xbox, just curious.

So is Ultimate basically the equivalent of PS Plus? Don't have an Xbox, just curious.
Not so much the equivalent. You get access to 100 plus games, some of them AAA and it is updated and changed regularly. I bought a $260 xbox just for it and I'm dumping PS Plus once it expires. Still picking my winners with the big releases but it fills in the time around them nicely without looking in the e-shops too much.

I started with the pc game pass and moved to ultimate as it was the only way to get Outer Wilds. Ultimate lets you play all the games on both xbox and PC for the same cost.

Nope, it is much better

I have an xb1 & ps4 and only just signed up to gamepass last night as I always thought it was like ps plus. PS plus have some good games but they are never new big releases and if you don't add them to your list that month you can never access them.

Gamepass adds games each month often a new game included and you can access the backlog of games. For instance Outer Worlds was included this month the day it was released which is pretty much why I signed up. Having a look through the back log of games there is alos Blair Witch, Dirt Rally 2.0, Gears of War 5, Devil May Cry 5, Metro Exodus, Just Cause 4, Vampyr and State of Decay 2 that are all no more than 12 months old

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back