Multiplat The Outer Worlds

Remove this Banner Ad

I never even finished it. In fact I'd forgotten all about until today, it just missed something overall and I think it was the environment

A pretty good game but felt like it was somehow less than the sum of its parts.

Individually everything seems fantastic - great characters, hilarious dialogue, a good story, interesting setting - but when combined it adds up to something good, not great.

Plays like a Fallout, sized like a Deus Ex.

Definitely keen for a more expansive sequel though.

I never even finished it. In fact I'd forgotten all about until today, it just missed something overall and I think it was the environment
Same here, I've parked it and I very much doubt I'll ever get back to it.

I finished it, but it really started to drag towards the end and I was glad to be done with it.

I think a lot of the issues with the game stem from a lack of budget. Weapon variety, armour variety, small empty worlds, difficulty balancing, simplistic missions with not a lot of branching paths etc. I hope this game did well enough for Obsidian to get another crack at it because I think this IP has potential.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Went to Cascadia in Monarch pretty early on and while the enemies were tough they aren't unfair. Plus looting for bits and armor/weapon parts actually has meaning since it costs a lot to upgrade them in hard mode.

Tried a bit of Grounded this week too. Obsidian are so creative with the worlds they make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back