FTA-TV The Outsider

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see how it's pretty much veered in quite a new direction from where the book went, I was quite startled to see all those people at the caves as the book showdown was a similar setting but one that had been deserted for years.

Interesting to see how it's pretty much veered in quite a new direction from where the book went, I was quite startled to see all those people at the caves as the book showdown was a similar setting but one that had been deserted for years.

explained more this week

that ending...holy s**t!

s**t episode was s**t. 40 minutes of nothing then create tension by having a character do something extremely dumb right after having it explained to him several times how dumb it would be.

s**t episode was s**t. 40 minutes of nothing then create tension by having a character do something extremely dumb right after having it explained to him several times how dumb it would be.

i liked the ep. Looking at The preview of next weeks finale though, should give you more of the excitement you crave.

explained more this week

that ending...holy s**t!
Jack's a sharpshooter. How many shots did he actually take? I'm pretty sure there was only 5 of them there, right?
You didn't feel tension throughout the episode? The flashbacks to the cave were creepy as hell and then the new murder scene potentially being linked (although my bet is that it's not) ramped things up when I was watching it.

explained more this week

that ending...holy s**t!
Yeah, I went off a bit early, last week was basically filler invented for the TV (in addition to the whole Jack and Holly car trip thing), this week we had the deserted locale and the cave tragedy that I'm happy I didn't whinge about not being in the show last week, like I very nearly did.

Is the Asian cop with the baby going to feature? Surely she can’t be that superfluous to the plot, they have invested a bit of time in her character.
Maybe, but I reckon she was just used as a plot device to make us fear that this Il Cuco was going to eat her baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, but I reckon she was just used as a plot device to make us fear that this Il Cuco was going to eat her baby.
Still a possibility. Can see her playing a part in Jack’s demise/etc

I can't be the only one to find the finale fairly anti-climactic

Also, wtf is with random Holly scene half way through the credits?

the shootout was tense, but yeah, the ultimate confrontation was a little dull.

as for Holly, suuuuuuurely she would have noticed a 6cm scratch on her forearm...It lives on...

Last edited:
the shootout was tense, but yeah, the ultimate confrontation was a little dull.

as for Holly, suuuuuuurely she would have noticed a 6cm scratch on her forearm...It lives on...

Yeah agree. The shootout was good, the confrontation could have been better, and the 20 minute epilogue was Zzz. I didn't even see the credits scene until drd23 pointed it out. Pretty lame that she didn't notice the scratch. Overall it was a good series but the end was underwhelming.

Pretty good series, but mostly on the back of some good performances.

The mystery, El Cuco held me for the first few episodes but its dragging and some plot contrivances (Seale just blurting out the plan) I didn't love.

Would watch a True Detective Season 4 with Ralph and Holly though.

Why did they all act like complete morons in that shootout? Everyone just decided to act like a total dick
I mean, we already knew that Seale was an idiot, but the rest of them were just unnecessarily stupid. Their behaviour made no sense at all.
I can't be the only one to find the finale fairly anti-climactic

Also, wtf is with random Holly scene half way through the credits?
Not just anti-climactic, but really disappointing as well. The ending of any mystery (especially one with supernatural elements) is always hard to land, but this one was just completely unsatisfying. I don't think I can recommend this show to anyone, whereas before tonight, I would've recommended it to quite a few people that I knew would be into it.
Yeah the scratch is odd. It looks kinda fresh, but she's driven from Tennessee to Georgia to Chicago between the meeting with El Cuco and that seen with her at her laptop
Surely a red herring. If there's another season (which apparently there has been talk of), she'll be a major player again as a detective, not as a suspect.

Yeah kinda agree with the folk saying it started strong but lost a bit of steam along the way. I was expecting Bateman to be in it throughout alongside Mendleson, not sure if that's colouring my thoughts on it but I do think the first 2 eps were probably the strongest.

Not that I think the rest is bad by any stretch, was still really into it. Very creepy and unsettling throughout, some great sound design on that front.

Thought the finale was fine, nothing too special but I did like that there was a bit of banter with the thing. The mid-credits scene not so much, there was no way that thing has the chance to scratch her they were never in contact were they? Just came off a bit cheap.

We never found out how Mendleson's son died did we? Unless I missed it in the early episodes?

You’d think the entity or whatever it is would have picked a guy that maybe wasn’t going to a conference full of cameras, then maybe he wouldn’t have to warn a cop to stop investigating.

I don't imagine that thing can see the future, wouldn't have known anything about a victim's future plans when scratching them.

Binged all 8 episodes over the past 4 days. Steven King and his supernatural mysteries aren't usually my cup of tea, but thought I'd give this a go given a number of the actors involved.

Thought it started well, but kinda lost its way in episodes 5/6/7 - I think having that Latina grandmother spelling out the El Cuco story ruined things somewhat. That said, it really seems to have picked up again in episode 8

Yeah agree with this, think I enjoyed it more when there was more mystery. After that lady laid it all out it was pretty much, well, yep, this is whats happening.

Would watch a True Detective Season 4 with Ralph and Holly though.

haha **** yeah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back