FTA-TV The Outsider

Remove this Banner Ad

Was excellent to start with, but just way too much filler as it went on.
The X-Files used to routinely fit stories like this into single episodes.

I think it's the problem with the US shows having to fit into the 10 episode format. I'm watching The Haunting of Hill House and from eps 7 onwards I'm fast forwarding through long passages of boring dialog that adds nothing.

I think it's the problem with the US shows having to fit into the 10 episode format. I'm watching The Haunting of Hill House and from eps 7 onwards I'm fast forwarding through long passages of boring dialog that adds nothing.
Outsider, I kept waiting for something to get going, it did, but only when the guns started firing.
It was sort of a nothing in the end. Ben Mendelson is a great actor though, in ANIMAL KINGDOM
his playing the character of the Pope was brilliant and full of menace.

I reckon Haunting of Hill House had 2 outstanding episodes and the rest was filler/or just ok. A bit like this except this show peaked at the beginning.

I still liked Outsider and would recommend it overall, helped that i‘ve been a King fan forever so I like the flow of his stories.

Binged through this over the few days, yes it went on a couple of ep's too long but loved it anyway. It's great that King's stories have been getting the production respect they deserve of late.

First half was excellent, trustworthy ensemble, felt like it had a 50/50 mix of typical King & Price, but then those last couple episodes just really squandered that tension. The shootout was almost offensive! Once Jack finally breaks bad around Episode 7-ish it was pretty much downhill after that.

A few points:

Tamika Collins the Asian detective felt very Price to me, was she in the novel?
Who was Maitland's 'Igor'? Was hoping that would be a twist but it just isn't even brought up really.
Derek Cecil's resemblance to Patrick Bateman made his initial entrance quite chilling, but then he turned into a bit of a nothing love interest/soundboard for Holly

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea wat you are watching but this was definitely in the modern era
You not helping. I thought someone would know that watched it. I only ever seen about 6 to 8 episodes and and think they were in first season.
I got no idea apart from that, what kind of goes on. But some of characters seem to be in a different century to what they were, when I last watched. Very confusing. Reminds me when I first started watching Fringe and took me some time to realize I was seeing similar characters but they ended up being in a different universe.

You not helping. I thought someone would know that watched it. I only ever seen about 6 to 8 episodes and and think they were in first season.
I got no idea apart from that, what kind of goes on. But some of characters seem to be in a different century to what they were, when I last watched. Very confusing. Reminds me when I first started watching Fringe and took me some time to realize I was seeing similar characters but they ended up being in a different universe.

Are you sure you're not talking about Outlander? (as opposed to The Outsider, which this thread is for)

Are you sure you're not talking about Outlander? (as opposed to The Outsider, which this thread is for)
ummmmm...after I scroll up and notice title of thread says The Outsider, Dear Sir, you are 100% correct....rofl
Thanks Gasometer for earlier post. It makes sense your reply now. I do not know what the Outsider is, this clown, me, has simply posted in the wrong thread.. ha ha

ummmmm...after I scroll up and notice title of thread says The Outsider, Dear Sir, you are 100% correct....rofl
Thanks Gasometer for earlier post. It makes sense your reply now. I do not know what the Outsider is, this clown, me, has simply posted in the wrong thread.. ha ha
1978....says it all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back