c4v3m4n99

Debutant
Dec 15, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shrewsbury, Aalesund FK, Meath GAA
Hello everyone.

I am involved in a fantasy football game over on FanFooty called the World 15s. Great game, I won't bore you with the details, I'll just get straight to business.

I designed a logo and guernsey for the team, but to be honest I'm not quite satisfied with the results. I have been a big fan of everyone's work here, so I thought who better to ask for help than everyone here.

Below are links to my work:

Logo/Banner: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5261/banneroqi.png
Home Guernsey: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/791/islandershome.png
Away Guernsey: http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7483/awayguernsey.png
Heritage Guernsey: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8048/heritageguernsey.png

As you can see, the guernseys are plain and simple and that logo just doesn't look right.

So, I would like to start a competition between all the graphic designers here to come up with the following:
  • A new logo
  • A new home guernsey
  • A new away/clash guernsey
  • A new heritage guernsey
  • A mascot (if possible)
Now for the design brief:
  • Logo: The Pacific Islanders name stays, unless someone can think of a truly awesome name for a Pacific-based Aussie rules team. The icon/logo can be anything but must have something to do with the name and the Pacific region hence why I went with a Tiki mask.
  • Home/Away/Clash Guernsey: Teal has to be the main colour. Since no-one else uses it within our competition; it sets me apart. As for the secondary colour, anything goes except black, there are far too many teams that have black on their guernseys. Feel free to do anything you want with the style as well but try to keep away from the stripes, sashes and v-necks if at all possible. What I would really love to see is a unique style that really sets me apart from the normal, but nothing too outlandish. Westpac and Digicel are to remain the sponsors and need to be included on the guernsey.
  • Heritage Guernsey: Since the team is based in Fiji, Nauru, Tonga and Samoa, I'd love to see a guernsey that embodies elements from each country. I did my best to try and incorporate elements, but I'm not really a fan of my design.
  • Mascot: Anything goes here. I'm really interested to see what you come up with here. Feel free to give the mascot a name, but please none of this Sunny Ray or Ronald "Dee" Man stuff. They creep me out.
Now, it's not a competition without a prize! The winner whom I judge to be the winner will receive a $30 iTunes gift card!

The contest with run until the 31st August 2012. I will announce the winner the following day, upon which I will contact you so I can send you your prize. Feel free to enter as many times as you would like; the more entries, the more chances you have of winning!

Any other questions or queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance and let the competition begin! Can't wait to see the quality of the designs!

c4v3m4n99

Ok here is the beginning of my design (2 versions, basically just the different logo colours).

It is still a work in progress:

PacificIslandersfullv1.png

PacificIslandersfullv2.png

You're just far too good.

Not good just really lucky.

Lucky that I was able to modify a discarded Wellington Whales design I had for the guernseys, lucky I found really great traditional tattoo designs to incorporate into that original guernsey, and even luciker I found a really great black and white Tiki image that I could colourise for the logo.

Not good just really lucky.

Lucky that I was able to modify a discarded Wellington Whales design I had for the guernseys, lucky I found really great traditional tattoo designs to incorporate into that original guernsey, and even luciker I found a really great black and white Tiki image that I could colourise for the logo.

Even so, I'm blown away by it. Could be one of your best.

Really liking that logo craegus. :)

Can't say I'm a fan of the guernsey though...I just feel that there is a little too much going on. But I do like the approach with tribal tattoo designs.

Can't wait to see what the rest of you dish up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I'm a fan of the guernsey though...I just feel that there is a little too much going on. But I do like the approach with tribal tattoo designs.

Ok, just so you know the idea is based on many jersey designs that have come from the Pacific Island nations over recent years (though some have been more subtle and watermark like). Also if you think that there is a lot going on, you should have seen it before!!! :p.

Ok, just so you know the idea is based on many jersey designs that have come from the Pacific Island nations over recent years (though some have been more subtle and watermark like). Also if you think that there is a lot going on, you should have seen it before!!! :p.

As I said earlier, loving the tribal idea, I just felt that there was a little too much going on in the design.

And yeah, I would have loved to seen it before, must have been A LOT going on! :eek:

PacificIslanders.png

Home (Left) Based on an island, the teal represents the sea, yellow sand and a palm tree is self explanatory.
Clash (Right) Recolour of home.
Heritage (Middle) Based on the gradients on your designs (I suppose there the "old" designs) including the Pacific Islands flag.

Hey Sam_23!

A couple criticisms if I may...

I was after a guernsey that used the Port Adelaide teal, opposed to the baby blue that you've used in your design. However, I do like the approach you've taken with the "sand and the sea" and the palm tree.

Also, the Pacific Islands flag you used in the Heritage guernsey was actually the flag of a collective nation that has since been divided into Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Northern Mariana Islands and Palau. My team is based in Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Nauru, so it doesn't quite work...

Other than that, great job!

All I've got is Wow.

Edit
Well that and "OK nothing I could offer from here on in is getting anywhere near close to that".

Very nice work Craegus.

Can't hurt to give it a try Mero. ;)

Can't hurt to give it a try Mero. ;)
What I was thinking of doing was something similar, but probably not as well executed as what Craegus has done.
Essentially a tribal tattoo theme.
And the thing about Polynesian tattoos is they are made up of simple shapes, but in a complex pattern.

Hey Sam_23!

A couple criticisms if I may...

I was after a guernsey that used the Port Adelaide teal, opposed to the baby blue that you've used in your design. However, I do like the approach you've taken with the "sand and the sea" and the palm tree.

Also, the Pacific Islands flag you used in the Heritage guernsey was actually the flag of a collective nation that has since been divided into Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Northern Mariana Islands and Palau. My team is based in Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Nauru, so it doesn't quite work...

Other than that, great job!

If possible could you please use photoshop to make these changes, just because, being a Paint designer, I would have to go through and recreate the whole thing (which took a fair while).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back