Streaming The Paramount Plus Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I signed up today and I have to say the content at this point is very light on. A bit disappointing.

Surely you can't be surprised... This is basically the new 10Play with a rebranded name... Channel 10 can barely put enough decent stuff on their main channel, let alone have a VFL team that can be competitive.

Surely you can't be surprised... This is basically the new 10Play with a rebranded name... Channel 10 can barely put enough decent stuff on their main channel, let alone have a VFL team that can be competitive.
Paramount Plus was advertising this was going to be where they put all their movies and the shows from CBS. Maybe that is the case in the USA, but here in Australia, it seems not.

I managed to get a free week trial. Will be cancelling once the weeks finished I might return to it once they get more content but it’s really light on.

Whats it even available on? Can't find it on my LG tv ps5 or foxtel now box.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I assume this is the stuff on Prime Video channel of Paramount.
I been watching Dexter New Blood on this.
One episode to go. After that, probably stop using it soon after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the P+ on Prime was just a way to subscribe to P+ and you pay extra for it.

I paid a year when it came out which was only $80 bucks. I don't regret it. They're releasing the old start trek movies remastered in 4K this year.

So what is it? I see it advertised in my Prime Account but haven’t paid any attention to it or the other Channels.

Is access to these Channels extra dollars?

So what is it? I see it advertised in my Prime Account but haven’t paid any attention to it or the other Channels.

IIRC you still have to subscribe to P+ to watch it via Prime. But you can do that through Prime. I guess it's a way for P+ to get into other countries before they roll out there as many have been upset that ST Discovery (for example) is only going to be seen on P+ and they don't have that service in their countries yet.

It's a bit like being able to watch Netflix through Foxtel IQ. Foxtel doesn't give you the Netflix content or subscription for free, it just allows you to watch programs from your Netflix subscription on the Foxtel IQ.

Also, some smart TVs don't allow the P+ app at the moment like Samsung TVs. So this is just another way to view their content.

Last edited:

*Disclaimer: I don't have Paramount+. I want it as there is a lot of content I would like to watch, but am unlikely to get it due to being time poor and streaming rich (like a lot of you, I have the big 3 in Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime, as well as Shudder for my niche tastes). This would only likely change once I have a family of my own and want to ensure broad entertainment options.

The Channels on Prime are add-ons, i.e. they are NOT included in the Prime subscription, whether you pay monthly or annually. These all require an additional MONTHLY subscription (no annual option when you go through Prime), which can be cancelled/renewed at any time via your Prime account.

For all of the Prime Channels, it honestly depends on three things:
- The desirability of the content;
- The price; and
- Whether the provider of the channel is available in your territory.

For the majority of the Prime Channels, the content is ONLY available via Prime (in Australia, that is), and is reasonably priced, so if criterion one meets your standard, then criterion 2 & 3 likely do as well.

With Paramount+ (and in my case, Shudder), as these subscription options are available independently of Prime, I personally would not advise going through Prime. Subscribing to Paramount+ directly means not only a cheaper price per month (only a buck or two, though that adds up), but the option of annual (like I do with Disney+, Prime, and Shudder). So, if you've looked at the content and decided it's something you want, then unless you feel it convenient to have access via Prime rather than another app I recommend a direct subscription.

Having said all this, there are a couple of Channels I want to add, though not all are available yet. MGM+ is worth it for a movie buff due to the classic content, but I can't justify it to myself just yet (is only available in Australia on Prime, though). The two that I am hanging out for are Hi-Yah (East Asian movies) and the Coda Channel (music; concerts and documentaries); neither are available in Australia either independently or on Prime yet, though. The concept behind Prime Channels is sound, just depends on if you have the niche tastes they cater to.

Saw some buzz for Yellowjackets so i did my weeks free subscription, blew through the series in a 3 days and absolutely loved it. Anyway i decided to keep this for a while given a lot of their product is in 4k and they have a lot of good reality tv shows (what i consider good like Survivor). Will probably get rid of it in 6 months unless they put on a few other good new shows but i don't mind it.

And really recommend Yellowjackets, has Lost vibes without the supernatural stuff. Has a top notch female cast too.

I can't get rid of it, it's got all of Paw Patrol on it :rolleyes:
I haven't been able to look at the other shows and movies, the stupid app keeps freezing. The only things I can get to are the "trending now" shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back