MRP / Trib. The Patrick Parnell incident

Remove this Banner Ad

After having time to cool down even though there is still steam coming out of my ears seeing Broad apologising to make sure he gets let off by the VFL.

He knew exactly what he was doing. What disappointed me more is not one of our blokes went in to back up the smallest fella on our list.

Retribution would have been justified in response to an act like that.

I just get the feeling Broad will escape with a warning because Adelside and if he does I hope we show some backbone and fight these biased mongrels.

This is going to be very interesting, just has to be more than McAdam. McAdams was a split second decision, Broad had him in the tackle for awhile and made the decision to then slam him into the ground
As I said, there has been a precedent set here with the McAdam incident.
The VFL has put themselves in a position where all incidents like this warrant suspension and if Broad does get away with this, it leaves us open to contest it.
He also has history. Sniper.

As I said, there has been a precedent set here with the McAdam incident.
The VFL has put themselves in a position where all incidents like this warrant suspension and if Broad does get away with this, it leaves us open to contest it.
He also has history. Sniper.
He won’t get off, it’s just how bad. Has to be sent straight to the tribunal and has to be 4 weeks minimum. It can’t be the same as McAdam given he knocked the bloke out and it’s a tackle they’ve been hot on for years.

He won’t get off, it’s just how bad. Has to be sent straight to the tribunal and has to be 4 weeks minimum. It can’t be the same as McAdam given he knocked the bloke out and it’s a tackle they’ve been hot on for years.
Nothing surprises me with these bellends anymore.

Here was Tex’s similar incident back in 2018:
Compared that with the Parnell tackle:

2 weeks suspension should be the absolute minimum. If the AFL is going to be fair dinkum about head injuries then it should get an extra week or 2, particularly more so since head protection is currently in the media spotlight, and the punishments appear to be harsher compared with past years.

You can even argue Tex’s tackle was necessary as part of the flow of the game. Broad’s sling action, on the other hand, was not necessary. Tex’s tackle appeared unintentional (to cause injury). Broad’s tackle appeared more intentional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was furious at the incident.
Firstly because of Broads actions, but secondly because of the lack of response from our players.
I just don’t understand how seeing this happen to someone on your team, combined with our history with Richmond and the what happened with McAdam during the week was not enough to fire up our team, stand up and get angry.
Yet the complete opposite happen and we let them walk all over us.
A Gutless and Soulless club.

There was no need to do this. I blame the umpires at times for taking too long to blow the whistle when they can see it's a stalemate. 3weeks minimum. The captain should blast those players around the incident that did nothing. Hang your heads in shame.

Last edited:
McAdam gets three weeks for "potential to cause injury" using a bump to the body, which is legal.

Broad actually concussed Parnell using a sling tackle, which is illegal and has been for some time.

It should go straight to the tribunal and if the tribunal is serious about concussion, he has to go for at least four weeks.

I was furious at the incident.
Firstly because of Broads actions, but secondly because of the lack of response from our players.
I just don’t understand how seeing this happen to someone on your team, combined with our history with Richmond and the what happened with McAdam during the week was not enough to fire up our team, stand up and get angry.
Yet the complete opposite happen and we let them walk all over us.
A Gutless and Soulless club.
I was struck by a dirty sniper who hit a pressure point which could have potentially kilked me in the ammos close to 30 years ago.
I do remember him hitting me but nothing else. I was told that nobody originally checked on me because they thought I was staging for a free kick but when I hadn't got up after 2 minutes pur VC demanded the game be stopped and get me carried off. This caused an all in brawl as the VC had seen my opponent playing dirty all game.
Other smallest bloke on the field our centreman charged straight at my opponent and said if I have to go to hospital he will make sure he ends up there too.
Anyway I was told it happened toward the end of the first quarter.
Runner has me in the rooms and asks me my name, I respond its your round and the ladies are here for the taking. He says get serious what is your full name so I tell him.
By toward the end of the second quarter and being told what had happened, I demanded to be let back on the ground to seek redemption even with a massive headache. Coach was deadset agsinst it and I said if anything happens I am liable.
Reaction on my opponents face was priceless when I started the third quarter.
He was at the bottom of the pack to start the quarter, I put my knee on his throat and said every time you get near the ball justice will be sweet. Lets just say he copped it all game there after and still tried playing dirty.
In hindsight, I should have stayed off the ground but I was a fiery young teenager. The next time we played them he was suspended.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back