Opinion The PB's - a celebration of 150 years. This year or later?

Should we wear the Bars this year or wait until we play in front of a home crowd?

• I want the bars now! Crowd doesn't matter.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • We should wait. The bars need to be celebrated properly.

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

very very good progress BUT we cannot accept any compromises in any form, which means we want to wear it EVERY GAME and should pressure the club to stop using the wrong wording ASAP, as they keep pretending we want to wear it in Showdowns only. nobody really wants that. that was an initial DESPERATE solution we came up with a few years back but things have progressed tremendously since
I completely disagree, you don’t win fights with haymakers.
You win with body blows.

its time to support the club on this, regardless of personal preference, this is the moment we all pull together.

It’s literally game time!
We’ve gone through the selection options ad infinitum, now the coach has selected the team and tactics, we now all have to pull together to make sure we effing win!

Even if our favourite wasn’t picked!

It’s literally game time!
We’ve gone through the selection options ad infinitum, now the coach has selected the team and tactics, we now all have to pull together to make sure we effing win!

Even if our favourite wasn’t picked!

Speaking of picking options the thread title needs an update.

The PBs. This year, next year and every year after that.

I’m not sure what more people want.

A week ago it was still up in the air if we’d wear it at all this year, now we are preparing to wear it in our next game and have declared our intent to push for it next year and beyond.

This is what we want, yes?

I won’t accept anything but wearing our prison bar jumper whenever we see fit & to never hear another word about anything Collingwood in the same sentence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does that mean you’ll support the club or does it mean you’ll attempt to derail the current campaign?
Because if you choose B, you’ll never get anything.

I completely disagree, you don’t win fights with haymakers.
You win with body blows.

its time to support the club on this, regardless of personal preference, this is the moment we all pull together.

100% this.

We're doing it perfectly right now.

I won’t accept anything but wearing our prison bar jumper whenever we see fit & to never hear another word about anything Collingwood in the same sentence.

What if “whenever we see fit” is only 2 or 3 times a year?

I’m not sure what more people want.

A week ago it was still up in the air if we’d wear it at all this year, now we are preparing to wear it in our next game and have declared our intent to push for it next year and beyond.

This is what we want, yes?

No. Whenever we want, the same rights as the other 17 clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see us in the prison bars in an AFL Grand Final being coached by Nathan Buckley and beating Collingwood on the MCG !

Then throw your support behind the club right now. It’s the only path to that scenario.

Does that mean you’ll support the club or does it mean you’ll attempt to derail the current campaign?
Because if you choose B, you’ll never get anything.

Attempt to derail ? Whaaat im a long time supporter who wants to see Ports wear what they want is all. How’s that going to derail ?

What if “whenever we want” is only 2 or 3 times a year?

No way that last for more than 5 seconds. Once we've achieved no limitations outside of normal AFL uniform policy, we're cruising down the Champs-Élysées to the bars being our full time home guernsey.

Gotta get there first, and we've taken a big step over the last day or two.

What if “whenever we want” is only 2 or 3 times a year?

I hear you, saying that the club might really only want to rarely wear the bars, but I'm not sure I read it that way.

But if they do, then the club should listen to the members,

and the members want to wear our bars jumper for every game, just like other clubs do, barring clashes. (Start a vote maybe?)

I understand the thin end of the wedge process, and will support it.

But it would really surprise me that most supporters would accept, long term that is, only wearing our traditional jumper "2 or 3 times a year".

Slowly slowly catchee monkey bothers me a little though - not quite honest, but I'm old. Would Bob or Bruce do it this way?

What I am happy about is that the club seems to be, particularly David and KT with his CEO letter, finally doing something that makes the members and supporters sit up and think "that's my club!!". Doing it well too! So well done guys.

Eddie is not often right but he is really wrong on one particular point.

Our president has NOT been been fizzing us up in the local media, its quite the reverse.

We the members, supporters and fans of this football club have been doing the fizzing.
There are literally hundreds of pages of it here.

Clearly the great orangutan doesn't read bigfooty.
Actually is there any evidence that Mr McGuire can read at all?

I'd argue:
- he thinks contracts are for hitting people over the head with
- he clearly hasn't read the letter by the previous president of Collingwood
- his plethora of mistakes and faux pas over the years
- his media gigs, always either on radio or with an earpiece in place
- lets not even mention his ignorance of our clubs history

Last edited:
Back