The Pelican Brief: Your one stop shop for everything NOLA

Remove this Banner Ad

I was supremely bullish before the start and my confidence was rewarded for 85% of the game. I expected to win today - and the series - because I think Holiday and Mirotic will be at least a match for McCollum and Nurkic but while Lillard likes playing is, Davis LOVES playing the Blazers with stat lines of 36/14, 36/9 and today 35/14.
Hopefully we can keep on rolling and really make today count. :thumbsu:

To think we almost didn't do the Mirotic trade because we didn't want to pay him $12 million for one year.

It's a fine line between pleasure and pain.

Also, all those saying that Holiday was too expensive and we should've signed someone cheaper aren't saying that anymore. Ya gotta spend money to make money.

Also, all those saying that Holiday was too expensive and we should've signed someone cheaper aren't saying that anymore. Ya gotta spend money to make money.

We had to pay him really, we were never going to find an adequate two-way guard in free agency.

Credit to him though, this has been easily his best season. Played like an All-star.

We had to pay him really, we were never going to find an adequate two-way guard in free agency.

Credit to him though, this has been easily his best season. Played like an All-star.
It wasn’t even a question of paying him. Davis loves him. His credentials alone this season earn it but it was all Davis

I go for the Pels, Tigers, and spurs

It's a wonder you don't drink.

More ;)

It wasn’t even a question of paying him. Davis loves him. His credentials alone this season earn it but it was all Davis

Well this is it too.

Gotta keep what we have, in both cases. As a small market you have no choice, ain't no small market ever going to sign LeBron or Durant. I expect this process to repeat for Boogie too, for better or worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think we almost didn't do the Mirotic trade because we didn't want to pay him $12 million for one year.

It's a fine line between pleasure and pain.

There was smoke and daggers going on by Dell

The first reported deal was Asik and 1st for Mirotic, the final deal ended up being Asik, Allen and Nelson for Mirotic and a 2nd, a much better deal for us.

There was smoke and daggers going on by Dell

The first reported deal was Asik and 1st for Mirotic, the final deal ended up being Asik, Allen and Nelson for Mirotic and a 2nd, a much better deal for us.

That is a better deal if we didn't even give up a first! :p

What a win. 2-0

im-so-excited-gif.gif

I actually went to a Hornets game in LA in 94 and watched Muggsy, Zo, Wesley and co strut their stuff.

I loved those days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back