The Pelican Brief: Your one stop shop for everything NOLA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve watched the game twice. So so many aspects defensively we need to work on. We got run the * off the floor on both ends.

I’ll say this, the media, twitter etc have called this a dominant defensive performance.
If that’s the case probably don’t let us score 101 points. I’d hate to see what we can do against a team that isn’t dominating us.

(We’re probably losing in 5)

I loved that they set the tone early with Rondo toe-to-toe with Green again and Mirotic shoving Curry to the ground. They weren't going to be intimidated. Need to continue that aggressive approach.

Also glad to see Clark providing the spark off the bench that he was picked up for and Solo providing some scoring that we've seen patches of in the past.

Had to pop out during the middle stretch of today's game, just re-watched in full.

Gotta say I love Niko. Every time the team - didn't matter who - made a basket, he'd fist pump. Not in a showboat way, but in a 'we need to win' way.

I genuinely like our team now. The fact that we're winning more is a bonus, but it's a decent groups of guys.

Had to pop out during the middle stretch of today's game, just re-watched in full.

Gotta say I love Niko. Every time the team - didn't matter who - made a basket, he'd fist pump. Not in a showboat way, but in a 'we need to win' way.

I genuinely like our team now. The fact that we're winning more is a bonus, but it's a decent groups of guys.

As well as a decent group of guys, I like how cohesive they are. They look like a group who genuinely enjoy working together. I just wish DeMarcus was out there.

Disappointed the season is over but I'm really proud of our team.

They showed great fight all season, to get the twin towers setup to gel, then fightback when things went bad after Cousins went down to make it to the playoffs for the first time in years, all the way to the last game when they desperately fought back from a 26 point deficit in the third to get to within 7 points with 2 minutes to play despite no Rondo, this team has played with great heart.

The continued growth of Anthony Davis, the rise of Jrue Holiday and the buy in from DeMarcus Cousins, the addition of Mirotic, the cohesiveness of the entire unit, it was an overwhelmingly positive season. Now, to make adjustments to come back stronger next year and see if we can go a couple of rounds deeper.

Thanks for the fun Gents and here's to future success.

Disappointed the season is over but I'm really proud of our team.

They showed great fight all season, to get the twin towers setup to gel, then fightback when things went bad after Cousins went down to make it to the playoffs for the first time in years, all the way to the last game when they desperately fought back from a 26 point deficit in the third to get to within 7 points with 2 minutes to play despite no Rondo, this team has played with great heart.

The continued growth of Anthony Davis, the rise of Jrue Holiday and the buy in from DeMarcus Cousins, the addition of Mirotic, the cohesiveness of the entire unit, it was an overwhelmingly positive season. Now, to make adjustments to come back stronger next year and see if we can go a couple of rounds deeper.

Thanks for the fun Gents and here's to future success.
Do not leave us for 6 months Klyntonius I doubt anyone on this board can complain about being beating in the 2nd round by statistically the best team ever.

We have to give credit to Gentry, also to Erman who is the the lynch pin to our defence. Mcmillain was absolutely key to our offense.

EVERYONE picked us to miss the playoffs. We found out so much more about our players more in the second round than the first. Portland was a good matchup.

I beg everyone here to be content and reflect on the ride we had. It's been fun.

Never forget this, we have a 25 year old AD, Boogie with bird rights, Niko for one more year. Rondo might re-sign. and everyone else under contract.

I will say this with confidence, we are the scariest team in the NBA next season.

Time to get this off the 2nd page and get it back where it belongs.
Now let's get to know our probably G league player Tony Carr (Unless Dell trades him as I write this)

I've only seen him play once but wasn'y taking notice, but here are some articles and videos to browse

Scouting Vid

Have a watch and have a read and let us know what we think.

And for the literate ones of the group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Carr_(basketball)

https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/06/a26e24e1704761/7_things_to_know_about_pelican.html

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/20...w-orleans-pelicans-expectations-nittany-lions

http://www.nba.com/draft/2018/prospects/tony_carr#/

Also, * Boston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were to guess, Carr sounds a bit like the guy who they hope can let Jrue play SG. Just from my half assed internet research

Did they announce the voting tallies?

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.

Meh, Jrue Holiday got All-Defensive along with AD.

That's all that matters.

That aside, currently enjoying the calm before the off-season storm.

Sorry cobber, should've made it more obvious I wuzn't deadly srs. Anyways, I'll just assume they've given to Gobert in advancve of Davis ownership for the next 5 or so years.

Welcome to the pelicans Julius Randle and Elfrid Payton. Who says small markets don’t attract top superstars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back