Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Not exactly a reputable source, but:

View attachment 621976

For anyone to think becoming the New Orleans Brass, wearing black and gold is going to garner legitimate support then their gumbo clearly made them delirious. That's worse than what we have now.

Red is the colour of Arsenal, and as I'm sure nufan would agree this is an intolerable state of affairs.

But in all seriousness, it's just bland beyond belief. I mean...

View attachment 621983

View attachment 621984

View attachment 621986

View attachment 621980

I find ours more vibrant than those other examples but fair enough.

Also, I like Arsenal...

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
For anyone to think becoming the New Orleans Brass, wearing black and gold is going to garner legitimate support then their gumbo clearly made them delirious. That's worse than what we have now.

Agreed.

Our new Crows-style jerseys are actually growing on me. Same ostensible colour scheme, just more original in an NBA context. I'd settle for those + navies.

I find ours more vibrant than those other examples but fair enough.

It's just that there's so many teams in red... in addition to the ones I already mentioned, there's the Hawks, Clips, Sixers, Blazers, Wizards, Heat & Pistons.

We used to have the most eye-catching unis in the league, now it feels like we're just another team.

Also, I like Arsenal...

Kill it with fire!

(For the record I actually hate Chelsea more).

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
It's just that there's so many teams in red... in addition to the ones I already mentioned, there's the Hawks, Clips, Sixers, Blazers, Wizards, Heat & Pistons.

We used to have the most eye-catching unis in the league, now it feels like we're just another team.

That's fair. The navy, white crows jersey and a green Mardi Gras jersey would be a nice set.

My favourite kit we've had are these.

hi-res-2715373_display_image.jpg

The yellow alternate wasn't great but the purple front, green back with yellow flanks Mardi Gras jersey I liked and could've made a good alternate.

Well... It's like that?

We are throwing hands.

Bring it. My boys Ian Wright and Thierry Henry gonna kick Tottenham's arse.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Draft pick/tank update for the Pels (hey, we've got nothing else to watch at the moment).

We get Denver's 2nd if it falls between 56 and 60 - currently slated at 57, I don't think they can be caught for 5th best record, so we should be getting it.

We've got four more seconds coming from the Niko deal, but none this year. Shame, I would've like Washington's 2nd this year, but not to be.

As for potential Davis suitors:

Boston is currently sitting on Memphis (9th), Sactown (14th), Clips (21st) and their own (22nd). The Memphis pick is tenuous though, might convey in 2020.

The Clippers scored Philly's lottery protected 2020 pick and Miami's unprotected 2021 pick in the Tobias Harris trade, so they're one to watch.

The Knicks received two firsts from Dallas in the Pork deal, if Dallas coveys their first to Atlanta this year (could well do), those picks will be in 2021 & 2023.

They-who-shall-not-be-named are currently slotted to have the 10th pick in this draft. Right now we're tied with Washington for 7th, but it's tight.

Washington play the Knicks tomorrow, so we should probably be hoping they beat them. Memphis also host the Mavs, if they win it gives Boston a much better chance of getting their pick, so go Griz I guess.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Draft pick/tank update for the Pels (hey, we've got nothing else to watch at the moment).

We get Denver's 2nd if it falls between 56 and 60 - currently slated at 57, I don't think they can be caught for 5th best record, so we should be getting it.

We've got four more seconds coming from the Niko deal, but none this year. Shame, I would've like Washington's 2nd this year, but not to be.

As for potential Davis suitors:

Boston is currently sitting on Memphis (9th), Sactown (14th), Clips (21st) and their own (22nd). The Memphis pick is tenuous though, might convey in 2020.

The Clippers scored Philly's lottery protected 2020 pick and Miami's unprotected 2021 pick in the Tobias Harris trade, so they're one to watch.

The Knicks received two firsts from Dallas in the Pork deal, if Dallas coveys their first to Atlanta this year (could well do), those picks will be in 2021 & 2023.

They-who-shall-not-be-named are currently slotted to have the 10th pick in this draft. Right now we're tied with Washington for 7th, but it's tight.

Washington play the Knicks tomorrow, so we should probably be hoping they beat them. Memphis also host the Mavs, if they win it gives Boston a much better chance of getting their pick, so go Griz I guess.

We finished tied with the Mavs and Grizz for 7th to 9th in the draft so far. I think of the Memphis pick drops to 9th then Boston get it (and adding to their AD ammunition). Would this just count after the lottery?

Also, David Griffen replaces Mickey Loomis as VP of Basketball Operations. I like it. Add Trajan Langdon or Sachin Gupta as GM and I'll be feeling very confident and excited about our future.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
We finished tied with the Mavs and Grizz for 7th to 9th in the draft so far. I think of the Memphis pick drops to 9th then Boston get it (and adding to their AD ammunition). Would this just count after the lottery?

Also, David Griffen replaces Mickey Loomis as VP of Basketball Operations. I like it. Add Trajan Langdon or Sachin Gupta as GM and I'll be feeling very confident and excited about our future.
David Griffen is a god amongst men

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Us winning (twice) against the Kings was so, so stoopid.

Not only could we have improved our own lottery odds, but we would drastically have decreased Memphis's odds of keeping their pick.

Now we have to hope like hell that the coin tosses and lottery balls bounce our way.

I am moderately excited about this though.

At the very least it's a basketball guy focusing solely on basketball.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Us winning (twice) against the Kings was so, so stoopid.

Not only could we have improved our own lottery odds, but we would drastically have decreased Memphis's odds of keeping their pick.

Now we have to hope like hell that the coin tosses and lottery balls bounce our way.

The tie breaker has resulted in Pelicans 7th, Grizzlies 8th and Mavs 9th. All with the same lottery odds for pick 1. Memphis with about a 52% chance of remaining where they are I think I read.

I am moderately excited about this though.

At the very least it's a basketball guy focusing solely on basketball.

Separation of football and basketball. :thumbsu:

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The tie breaker has resulted in Pelicans 7th, Grizzlies 8th and Mavs 9th. All with the same lottery odds for pick 1. Memphis with about a 52% chance of remaining where they are I think I read.

Sh1t, didn't realise it was drawn today.

We got lucky at 7th. Also got lucky that the Griz won their last game against the Dubs, otherwise there would be no chance of their pick conveying.

Even though this year's draft is not supposed to be that great beyond the top few picks, I'd rather have the bird in the hand, ie Boston owning the 9th pick this year. Of course that pick could eventually become a top 3 pick in 2021 when it's unprotected, but teams very rarely crash and burn like that in seasons where their pick is owed and unprotected.

Also of note that Boston (Sac) 'lost' their tie-breaker with Charlotte and Miami, so that pick will be 14th. Also lost the tie-breaker for the Clippers pick (20th, not 18th) as well as losing the tie-breaker against OKC for their own pick (22nd).

If things go against us (Boston), they'll only have picks 14, 20 & 22 in this draft. In a good draft that's OK, but in a 'meh' draft it's not that exciting.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Just checked, Memphis has an 83% chance of keeping their pick now.

Some seem to be of the opinion that the pick might be a better asset in 2020 or 2021. I dunno about that, IMO if Memphis decide to rebuild, they'll hardcore tank next season in order to keep their pick. It'll be unprotected by 2021, but by then who knows what their roster might look like?

Orlando was famously waiting on that Lakers pick from the Dwight trade for years. The Lakers kept stiffing them and getting lucky at the lottery, and it eventually never conveyed. This is all hypothetical of course, but as I said above I'd rather have a bird in the hand in terms of assets Boston can offer.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Just checked, Memphis has an 83% chance of keeping their pick now.

Some seem to be of the opinion that the pick might be a better asset in 2020 or 2021. I dunno about that, IMO if Memphis decide to rebuild, they'll hardcore tank next season in order to keep their pick. It'll be unprotected by 2021, but by then who knows what their roster might look like?

Orlando was famously waiting on that Lakers pick from the Dwight trade for years. The Lakers kept stiffing them and getting lucky at the lottery, and it eventually never conveyed. This is all hypothetical of course, but as I said above I'd rather have a bird in the hand in terms of assets Boston can offer.

I read somewhere that one of those years (20 or 21) will see high schoolers eligible to nominate for the draft again seeing a deep influx of talent in that draft and so the Grizzlies pick could be more valuable for then no matter where they lay. In any event, I don't think they will be a quick turnaround. They are at the very beginning of a rebuild.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I read somewhere that one of those years (20 or 21) will see high schoolers eligible to nominate for the draft again seeing a deep influx of talent in that draft and so the Grizzlies pick could be more valuable for then no matter where they lay. In any event, I don't think they will be a quick turnaround. They are at the very beginning of a rebuild.

I think the chance it conveys next year will be pretty low if they rebuild. If they trade Conley, they'll make sure they finish with a bottom-3 record come hell or high water. If they don't rebuild, then we're probably looking at a pick in the 10-18 range.

In 2021 it's unprotected, but I doubt Memphis would commit to a long rebuild knowing their 2021 pick is gone. It would basically entail punting two seasons for their next draft reward, which is a really hard sell to fans. The Lakers and Kings had/have to convey unprotected picks in 2018 and 2019, and after long periods of being horrible both those picks ended up being late lottery. Even that plum Minnesota pick we got in the CP3 trade ended up only yielding Austin Rivers. Never say never, but if the Memphis pick was included as part of a package then late lottery is probably the best we can hope for.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I think the chance it conveys next year will be pretty low if they rebuild. If they trade Conley, they'll make sure they finish with a bottom-3 record come hell or high water. If they don't rebuild, then we're probably looking at a pick in the 10-18 range.

In 2021 it's unprotected, but I doubt Memphis would commit to a long rebuild knowing their 2021 pick is gone. It would basically entail punting two seasons for their next draft reward, which is a really hard sell to fans. The Lakers and Kings had/have to convey unprotected picks in 2018 and 2019, and after long periods of being horrible both those picks ended up being late lottery. Even that plum Minnesota pick we got in the CP3 trade ended up only yielding Austin Rivers. Never say never, but if the Memphis pick was included as part of a package then late lottery is probably the best we can hope for.

Yeah, I think the thought was that even a mid to high lottery pick then could be very valuable with an influx of high school talent creating a deep draft class versus this year's draft which is said to be very thin.

I'm more of a fan of trading with New York for Zion anyway and winning the draft with our own pick and landing Morant. A bird in the hand as you say. ;)

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hmmmm...

Also, apparently we're likely to hire the Clippers assistant GM, Trent Redden.

Probably Rich Paul trying to save his own career. When LeBron retires he loses all his cachet, and most of his bargaining power too.

Redden worked under Griffin before, didn't he? Can't complain about much the Clippers' FO has done of late.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Anyone else think Boston getting Monstered by Giannis could be helpful to us in a potential AD trade deal?

Too many contingencies to say in all honesty.

For example, does Kyrie staying or leaving make them less or more likely to pursue Davis? If they fluke a top 3 pick, does that make them less or more likely to trade for Davis? Etc etc.

I have a feeling we'll have to wait for a few shoes to drop in order to see which teams are serious about a trade - Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie.

Back