The Pelican Brief: Your one stop shop for everything NOLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good for the Pelicans, they deserve some good luck for once.

Hopefully Tony Davis stays, gonna be plenty enough limelight now.

News.com.au article says unfortunately pelicans have landed the number one pick. Not sure if a Knicks fan boy wrote that. I love basketball, don't really have an NBA team so I'm pleased for the pelicans after all the AD stuff.

Jump aboard.

We accept all applications, as evidenced by our former mascot.

1557910336877.png

News.com.au article says unfortunately pelicans have landed the number one pick. Not sure if a Knicks fan boy wrote that. I love basketball, don't really have an NBA team so I'm pleased for the pelicans after all the AD stuff.
I don't care what the topic or the team. That's such poor standard journalism.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but extremely slim.

tumblr_mbp3rpbQWD1qexr74o2_r1_250.gif

Yes but extremely slim.

tumblr_mbp3rpbQWD1qexr74o2_r1_250.gif
Is there a general feel about what we'll receive in return if he leaves. The NBA site is far too laggy for me.

Is there a general feel about what we'll receive in return if he leaves. The NBA site is far too laggy for me.

The feel is very general with a very wide range of opinions. There seems to be a good half dozen or more legitimate potential suitors. I don't think we'll get the ultimate motherload deal that we seek but we should be able to acquire a pretty significant haul.

Question is, do they try and build with young guys around Zion and get draft picks for Davis, or do they try and bring in experienced guys and go for playoffs straight away.

Probably depends on Davis. If they can flip him into staying then try with the quick build. Most likely though, trade Davis and build through youth (though a trade for Boston's youth could be a hybrid of both).

So far my favourite seriously suggested AD trade is Davis and Holiday for Lonzo and pick 4.

Actually, pick 3 and Knox - take it or leave it - might be even better...

The dude correctly suggested the Pelicans go for the best deal but then genuinely thought that was it...

I love how we're supposed to throw Jrue in too, despite Davis for Lonzo + pick 4 not being equitable trade in itself, or even working from a salary standpoint.

Also I can't think of a worse running mate for Zion than Lonzo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back