The Pelican Brief: Your one stop shop for everything NOLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh I think we'll ride with Gentry through the end of the season, unless it gets really bad even with Zion back.

This season was never about making the playoffs, it was more about sorting through what we added in the trade and the draft. That said, there's no excuse for us being as poor as we have lately.

I suspect if we're going to can Gentry, it''ll happen in May. I just hope Zion coming back (touch wood) doesn't inspire us to 35 wins and let Gentry coach another season. It's time for something different.

Follow the Knicks lead & fire Gentry ASAP. You’d be surprised the difference a half competent coach makes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

4 wins in the last 5 games and now playing defence. Are we in danger of becoming a respectable outfit?

Follow the Knicks lead & fire Gentry ASAP. You’d be surprised the difference a half competent coach makes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's nice to actually win some games, but I hope we don't fall for the Gentry fool's gold again. Five years is long enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some brief 2/3 of the season thoughts:

- Favors is incredibly important to our ability to defend, and we need to find a way to bring him back without paying silly money

- The pieces we got from the Lakers are OK. Have no idea whether all or even any will remain part of the long term plan, but we can safely say that they have solid trade value, at the very least

- Hayes and Alexander-Walker could benefit from more G-league, pre-season and practice time. No shame there, just usual 20 year old stuff

- Melli has turned it around after being near unplayable at the start of the season. On an affordable contract, so may stick around.

- Zion is solid, rolled gold. That is all.

Zion needs to lift on the defensive end. He was positively apathetic most of the time. Though it may have been by design

He's Also a first year player in the NBA

That's no excuse

As I said, maybe the instructions were to go slow from the coaching staff, but he showed hardly any of the defensive tenacity he did in college

So the end of a disappointing session and the end of an era (error?).
Alvin Gentry is out the door.

So where to from here folks? A huge franchise defining off-season awaits.

Who do people want for the new coach?
My uneducated preference would for Kenny Atkinson or Jerry Stackhouse.
Indifferent towards Vaughn or Hammon.
Don't want Kidd or Lue.
D'antoni???

And then what to do with the roster?
Ingram will get the max.
The future of Jrue?
Retain Favors?
Keep our trade Lonzo?
Do/Can we make a splash and go after a name like Beal?

Interesting but exciting times ahead.

So the end of a disappointing session and the end of an era (error?).
Alvin Gentry is out the door.

So where to from here folks? A huge franchise defining off-season awaits.

Who do people want for the new coach?
My uneducated preference would for Kenny Atkinson or Jerry Stackhouse.
Indifferent towards Vaughn or Hammon.
Don't want Kidd or Lue.
D'antoni???

And then what to do with the roster?
Ingram will get the max.
The future of Jrue?
Retain Favors?
Keep our trade Lonzo?
Do/Can we make a splash and go after a name like Beal?

Interesting but exciting times ahead.
We need a true centre.

Anyone with a preference for what to do with pick 13? Package it up for a player, package it up to move up in the draft, go to the draft with it?
Package it up for a player. I'd be doing everything I can to get Gobert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back