Player Sponsorship The people’s choice is SIER - Read the Mid Season Review p 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey neilk and barrackers where’s your report?

From all accounts it was a dismal match but surely you have a few stories to share....

From all accounts it was a dismal match but surely you have a few stories to share....
Still trying to get over the result. It was a fairly uneventful night inside-no Eddie. Chris Tarrant still looks fit enough to play. barrackers had to wear his suit to the VFL prior so would have looked slightly out of place at Victoria Park I'm sure-nice to meet up with him. I decided to park under the stadium due to the weather so stayed off the beer/wine to a large extent. Probably would have been more to report with a win. Oh, I had Pendles for first goal kicker so was calling for Phillips to handball to him, wherever he was.

Still trying to get over the result. It was a fairly uneventful night inside-no Eddie. Chris Tarrant still looks fit enough to play. barrackers had to wear his suit to the VFL prior so would have looked slightly out of place at Victoria Park I'm sure-nice to meet up with him. I decided to park under the stadium due to the weather so stayed off the beer/wine to a large extent. Probably would have been more to report with a win. Oh, I had Pendles for first goal kicker so was calling for Phillips to handball to him, wherever he was.
You should have left your car at home and got stonkered!

All in good time, I'm juggling full time work and study.

With a long rectangular room Marvel's facilities aren't the best layout for these type of things, the same applied when I attended a grand final breakfast there in 2010. Nonetheless it was a great experience and nice meeting neilk.

The food was provided by Mjolner who promote their food as viking inspired and consisted of
  • Entree - salmon, looked fancy, but fish isn't my thing and especially raw?? fish
  • Main - beef brisket, tasty and melted in your mouth
  • Desert - meringue and mandarine sorbet, another nice dish. It only came out 5 minutes before the game started, which gave me the impression that the kitchen was running a little behind
There was also proper (non-mid strength) beers and wine in glass not the shi tty plastic cups us plebs normally have to put up with. The wine was provided by Calabria Family Wines and there were further vintages/styles available for tasting; the shiraz was very nice and if it wasn't for pre-existing Sunday plans I could easily have indulged in more. Half time provided more food; sausage rolls, party pies and scones.

The night was MC'ed by Glen Moriarty. In the absence of Eddie, Stephen Curry was introduced in his place and name. Curry is generally my sought of humour and he didn't disappoint. Lots of jokes about Stephenson's betting including "even Stephenson" and other plays on his name. A highlight of the night. Vice-president Alex Waisltz gave a very short speech and Garry Hocking was interviewed about the plan for game.

Last edited:
There is a place available for the mid season review on Tuesday 30th July as Kirby can’t go.
You’ll be going with JB1975

Please indicate your interest and if there’s more than one I’ll draw names out.
Any sponsor can go

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is a place available for the mid season review on 25th July as Kirby can’t go.
You’ll be going with JB1975

Please indicate your interest and if there’s more than one I’ll draw names out.
Any sponsor can go
Can you let us know what time?

I assume at Holden Centre?

sorry Saintly, it's actually on Tuesday 30th July at the Glasshouse
I'm checking the time with the Club.

It'd be good if you can come along, SV. The pain of Kirby standing me up still lingers, but the pleasure of your company can begin the healing process.

I've been saving some money, so maybe we could go halves in one of those pricey Holden Centre hamburgers.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It'd be good if you can come along, SV. The pain of Kirby standing me up still lingers, but the pleasure of your company can begin the healing process.

I've been saving some money, so maybe we could go halves in one of those pricey Holden Centre hamburgers.
I’m in if nobody else is claiming such things.

I’ll assume it’s evening or thereabouts so should work out.

:)

With those burgers there might only be enough left over for water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While you are here:( MG, never did hear from the club about the Kids Training day, think I may have missed out.
CFC2010 did you get a notification, did you go?
I think it might have been last Sunday Maggie. I don’t know why you didn’t hear from the Club. I’ll double check
Do you want to try for the mid season review?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
While you are here:( MG, never did hear from the club about the Kids Training day, think I may have missed out.
CFC2010 did you get a notification, did you go?

I got notification months ago.......my kids actually went to both this year Maggie5.

I think it might have been last Sunday Maggie. I don’t know why you didn’t hear from the Club. I’ll double check
Do you want to try for the mid season review?
No thanks MG too busy, was really for the kids. I will get them a scarf or something and hope they had forgotten.:)

I got notification months ago.......my kids actually went to both this year Maggie5.
Damn with all that is going on with me (house hunting), forgot about it until I saw photos of the crowd this week.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
JB1975 ask them if we can have Balmy's injury reports terminology back - short, medium and long term, tell us so much more than available/unavailable.:D
Im old school Maggie.
They selected and play, they’re fit.
They are not picked, they’re not.

The rest is just nattering.

Im old school Maggie.
They selected and play, they’re fit.
They are not picked, they’re not.

The rest is just nattering.
I am old school and I like nattering, think you may be new school.:)

JB1975 ask them if we can have Balmy's injury reports terminology back - short, medium and long term, tell us so much more than available/unavailable.:D

I won't lie, I find the available/unavailable categories quite appealing. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it seems polite, as if to say: 'Hi, my name's Nathan Murphy. I'm unavailable right now, but leave a name and a message and I'll get back to playing football as soon as possible'.

For whatever reason, and it could well be by design, the new system has me guessing less.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one is competing with you for this spot Saintly Viewed so are you happy to go?
I need to rsvp for you by Friday
I’m more than happy to go and can make it.
Ofcourse if there are sponsors who have not received a prize happy for them, but I’m in, sure.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back