Mod. Notice The people have spoken, the mods have listened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I and quite a few others feel uncomfortable with the split, and subsequent war of words between posters that was the result of the two gameday threads. It's making it difficult to enjoy posting on this board as a whole. Why should people have to be forcibly divided to talk about the same topic because you feel 'uncomfortable'?

Post in both threads and there is no divide.

Does anyone know what the go is for GA tickets for tomorrows game? I cant buy them from the AFL website unless I am a member. So I'm assuming I need to buy them at the gates, but cant find any info what time they will be available from the gates tomorrow? any help appreciated :)
This technically isn't the game day thread, but I can help you out anyway :)

GA is listed here.
http://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2017/june/melbourne-v-collingwood-june-12

I recommend you get there early if you want level 1. They'll be snapped up quickly.

Lets give this a try and see how it goes. I can't knock anything that is trying to make the board more inclusive. The problem is going to be the same as always different personalities and different lines. Some people will think this is okay to put on The lets analyze this thead and others will think it belongs on the in the outer thread. Also hopefully the in the outer thread doesn't have people thinking they have a licence to be disrespectful. I personally like debate and discussion with other posters who have a different opinion. And i respect other posters views and differences of opinion until they get personal. I don't mind a joke or people disagreeing with my opinion (as long as they can take the same in return) as it gives me a different point of view and sometimes changes my mind. I always try to be respectful but i will bite back if attacked personally as i think its my right. At the end of the day we are all Collingwood and all share the same desire.

This technically isn't the game day thread, but I can help you out anyway :)

GA is listed here.
http://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2017/june/melbourne-v-collingwood-june-12

I recommend you get there early if you want level 1. They'll be snapped up quickly.
Yeah i did try that but for some reason they wont let you buy GA tickets and that you meed to biy them at the mcg. Just trying to find out what time they will be on sale there so i can het there early

Banter can be a good cover for aggressive behaviour, it's up to the mods to track individuals with a history of 'banter'.

Firstly I would never consider going into the black thread and posting because my taste doesn't run to parading my temper for all to see.

Secondly very rarely does 'banter' come from inspiration - mostly it comes in response to other actions.

Anyway this is no longer a thread to discuss an innovation but a railroaded vehicle to advance a bellicose cause.

Perhaps your delicate sensibilities wouldn't be quite so upset if the 'white' thread were called the 'secondary gameday thread'?

Personally I couldn't give two shakes on what it's called just sick to death of petulance.

I been Tweeting during Games more then Posting on Here

Might be time to move on from the whole black v white thing. Sounds like we will now have a venting thread and an analysis thread. Personally I will probably post in the vent thread before the game but not during the game.

Hasn't this been thrashed out enough guys? The OP, and some follow up posts by the other mods, have outlined what is intended for this week's game. We have a framework in place to keep trialling the two-thread approach. It may work better this week, or it may not. The issues from last week may also carry over, but then again they may not. One thing we can all surely agree on is that any exchange/banter between posters in either thread is conducted with maturity and respect.

Its an experiment, its a trial, its not set in stone and nor are there any restrictions on posters from joining one or both threads. Posters should also not be 'characterised' by their thread preference!

Let's give it another try, shall we?

Hasn't this been thrashed out enough guys? The OP, and some follow up posts by the other mods, have outlined what is intended for this week's game. We have a framework in place to keep trialling the two-thread approach. It may work better this week, or it may not. The issues from last week may also carry over, but then again they may not. One thing we can all surely agree on is that any exchange/banter between posters in either thread is conducted with maturity and respect.

Its an experiment, its a trial, its not set in stone and nor are there any restrictions on posters from joining one or both threads. Posters should also not be 'characterised' by their thread preference!

I agree 100%

I been Tweeting during Games more then Posting on Here

You shouldn't really do either.

Speaking for myself, I find that I enjoy the game much more when I'm not thumb smashing a screen every ten seconds while the action's going on. Even when the result is not going our way.

Between quarters, however, is a different thing. But, to each their own...

Who decided the thread names? To be Frank they're not very good. Creates a stereotype among the thread types, and who posts in each thread. The name "let's analyze this" makes it sound like they're above "the outer"

Although it can be identified with racial issues, black and white were much better names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing we can all surely agree on is that any exchange/banter between posters in either thread is conducted with maturity and respect ...

... and Love :hearts: :)

You shouldn't really do either.

Speaking for myself, I find that I enjoy the game much more when I'm not thumb smashing a screen every ten seconds while the action's going on. Even when the result is not going our way.

Between quarters, however, is a different thing. But, to each their own...

Quoted for emphasis. I can't invest myself fully in the contest if I'm posting on bigfooty at the same time, then again, I'm s**t at multitasking.

Who decided the thread names? To be Frank they're not very good. Creates a stereotype among the thread types, and who posts in each thread. The name "let's analyze this" makes it sound like they're above "the outer"

Although it can be identified with racial issues, black and white were much better names.

The 'Analysts' are clearly superior and function on a higher level if compared to the emotionally volatile simpletons in the outer. Hence why I'll mostly be in the outer.

Relax, there's no grandstanding or superiority complex at play. Don't assume negative intent.

As was mentioned earlier, neither thread is above the other - it's simply a different game-day experience to be found in either thread.
The names were chosen to reflect the differences in thread styles and are not reflective of the poster who may frequent them.
People can now choose to post in a game-day thread, both game-day threads or none at all.
Vicky Park

Not sure I'll be involved in the match day thread tomorrow.
After it being pointed out that my innocent remarks are causing angst amongst posters, and the general Australian population, I don't see how I can be true to myself and not comment on things I see.
This may, no let's face it, will make many (and here I would say "precious petals", but no more) posters rejoice.
Back to the Lulie Street Dash for me.
Where men are men, and women understand.

I think you'll find those in the 'Outer' thread aren't the ones attacking each other........

Nobody from the white thread had any complaints but the grandstanding and outrageous claims have all come from a small section of the black thread.

First is there are no posters in the outer thread yet as the thread hasn't been created and we are strongly trying to avoid the idea that there would be "outer" thread and "analysis posters. There should be no division.

Johnbe we are trying to avoid the idea of posters of one thread or the other, black, white, outer or analysis. We ask posters to stop making references about these artificial divides. If anyone one wants to make such posts tomorrow the threads will be deleted and thread bans potentially applied. Please just drop the concept of posters being from one thread or the other

Maybe because nobody from the black thread was taking shots at those in the white thread for no good reason under the banner of 'banter'.
Again let's forget this concept of posters having allegiance to different threads. Just give a chance to see how it goes tomorrow.

So "In the outer" is the one I can crack the shits in?

Because the dumb drawn out descriptions of the Black and White made it very unclear as to which the good and bad threads were. I ended up swearing in the White thread without realising it was the "good" one.

Here we go again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So "In the outer" is the one I can crack the shits in?

Because the dumb drawn out descriptions of the Black and White made it very unclear as to which the good and bad threads were. I ended up swearing in the White thread without realising it was the "good" one.
In the outer thread you can say "that *ing Blair just stuffed up again i am over him he is the worst"
where as in the analysis thread you can say "by Jove, Jarryd handballed to Adams who was totally under pressure, hence Adams got tackled and holding the ball was given against him. I am not sure that was the move to make. Maybe he should have handballed to Moore who was in the clear.
Oh well, carry on Blair well done" .

In the outer thread you can say "that ruddy Blair just stuffed up again i am over him he is the worst"
where as in the analysis thread you can say "by Jove, Jarryd handballed to Adams who was totally under pressure, hence Adams got tackled and holding the ball was given against him. I am not sure that was the move to make. Maybe he should have handballed to Moore who was in the clear.
Oh well, carry on Blair well done" .
:tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back