Mod. Notice The people have spoken, the mods have listened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the outer thread you can say "that ruddy Blair just stuffed up again i am over him he is the worst"
where as in the analysis thread you can say "by Jove, Jarryd handballed to Adams who was totally under pressure, hence Adams got tackled and holding the ball was given against him. I am not sure that was the move to make. Maybe he should have handballed to Moore who was in the clear.
Oh well, carry on Blair well done" .
I can't type that!

I think there are people in this world that sometimes or maybe often tell their loved ones that they hate them...... evidently they dont mean it but it appears to be a part of their personality. There are others who choose their words more carefully. If they say that they hate someone, then they mean it...

Difficulties arise when you mix the two groups....

It wasn't you.
It was someone who has red and black as an avatar.
And was sniping in the Black thread early, and throughout the White thread about Black thread posters.
But hey, only the Black thread posters are to blame.

I think we should all go to the pub and get pissed.

In the outer thread you can say "that ruddy Blair just stuffed up again i am over him he is the worst"
where as in the analysis thread you can say "by Jove, Jarryd handballed to Adams who was totally under pressure, hence Adams got tackled and holding the ball was given against him. I am not sure that was the move to make. Maybe he should have handballed to Moore who was in the clear.

you're right. the outer says that he's crap and should be dropped off the list..

the analysis might consider if he stuffs up often and whether there are alternatives...and what he brings to the team that others dont and what his shortcomings are.... the analysis thread might also say that the coach should start looking for alternatives.... and by jove, the coach seems to be doing that at the moment with ben crocker.....and the analysis thread might come to the conclusion after looking at crocker that he's a better alternative or not...
saying well done to a player that has stuffed up is not analysis as far as i'm concerned...

So, basically, everyone who posts 'In The Outer' (which will be the large majority) is some kind of dimwit incapable of discussing football rationally? You're allowed to be passionate, whilst also forming considered/constructed opinions & arguments.
Agree and it's plainly stated in my opening post that that is the case

I think the premise of two game-day threads, and segregating the board, is bizarre.

But hey, thats just me. I'll keep on punching.
Likewise there are mixed views amongst the moderators about the need for two threads. Still we will all embrace it for the trial and see if there is enough merit in it. That's all we are asking

i just came back from sitting on the throne.... i do my best work there..

maybe we can call one thread "game day 1" and the other thread "game day 2" and then swap them every week..... so that everything is equal...

You guys realise you can post in both threads right? Nobody is asking you to pick a team. What exactly is the issue here? Why ARE people trying to form cliques and take sides? Seems strange to me. Go pies.
Thanks , glad someone understands the idea

Who decided the thread names? To be Frank they're not very good. Creates a stereotype among the thread types, and who posts in each thread. The name "let's analyze this" makes it sound like they're above "the outer"

Although it can be identified with racial issues, black and white were much better names.
Yeah maybe they are a bit lame but hopefully design to quell controversy. It will be open to further discussion

So "In the outer" is the one I can crack the shits in?

Because the dumb drawn out descriptions of the Black and White made it very unclear as to which the good and bad threads were. I ended up swearing in the White thread without realising it was the "good" one.
There is no good and bad but you can crack it in the outer and discuss as well if you feel inclined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this thread has shrunk considerably. If only deleting posts was therapeutic

This thread was designed to alert posters about what to expect from the dual threads tomorrow. Allow everyone to percolate on the idea of two threads for all not two camps of posters. Congratulations a fair few of you have missed the point

It was not meant as a forum to discuss the ructions of last weeks thread, there is already one for that. I have just deleted the threads that want to discuss the tribes some wanted to create last week. Yes it was a danger of creating two threads but it should be pretty clear that we mods are actively working against that concept. Remember any reference to anyone being welcome , not welcome, part of or not part of the respective threads tomorrow will meet deletions and thread bans.

For this thread please confine it to discussing how tomorrow might work not what happened last week.

Not bad, maybe next week if the trial goes on.
I hate coffee, if this is what this board has become, then I demand a third forum for tea drinkers.

It should be called Oolong for the posters that've been waiting a loong time for this miscarriage of justice to be recognised.

Is this thing on?
Number 45 your Parma is ready.

You guys realise you can post in both threads right? Nobody is asking you to pick a team. What exactly is the issue here? Why ARE people trying to form cliques and take sides? Seems strange to me. Go pies.
Because people instinctively feel the need to 'take sides' when given a choice like this, and naturally feel their side is the superior one. It's why there was so much sledging last week and why I said earlier it won't end well this week, despite the detailed thread guidelines.

If it wasn't meant as a discussion thread, was intended to be an information thread, then why was it left open?
Best to confine to the OP, close it and pin it.
Stalinism lives!
No it's for discussion of the threads as we hope they run tomorrow. If posters want to discuss last weeks dual threads the " people have spoken is open for that"

Because people instinctively feel the need to 'take sides' when given a choice like this, and naturally feel their side is the superior one. It's why there was so much sledging last week and why I said earlier it won't end well this week, despite the detailed thread guidelines.
Apex , especially after what we have seen transpire in this thread I share your concerns. We mods may be naive in hoping we can have these threads without a significant number of posters wanting to create sides. We could easily end with egg on our face but we are going to give it a try. All we ask is for posters not to jump to conclusions about how things will turn out but to let it see if it can work then discuss it in the aftermath.

Good thing Blair's not playing, then.

I feel as though that doesn't get said enough these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back