Remove this Banner Ad

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Thought this could be a bit of fun, designing the best possible fighter taking individual attributes from different fighters.
Using the main metrics this would be my fighter:

Stand-up Technique: Shevchenko
Grappling: Khabib
BJJ: Maia
Power: Ngannou
Fight IQ: Jonny Bones
Speed: Garbrandt
Chin: Mike Perry
Body Type: Jonny Bones
Endurance: Ferguson
Coach: ?

Interesting for sure. Nitpicking but Bones for IQ? Didn't consider wrestling a 1 legged Santos, almost DQ'd v Smith...GSP all day for me.

Stand-up Technique: Gaethje/Aldo (love a good leg kick and these guys have better hands than Edson)
Fight IQ: GSP
Speed: Mighty Mouse
Chin: Hunt/Nelson
Endurance: Ferguson/Bisping
Coach: Whitman

Though this is a bit silly isn't it. Ngannou with Mighty Mouse speed and Bones body type doesn't really exist...except for me of course :tearsofjoy:

Interesting for sure. Nitpicking but Bones for IQ? Didn't consider wrestling a 1 legged Santos, almost DQ'd v Smith...GSP all day for me.

Stand-up Technique: Gaethje/Aldo (love a good leg kick and these guys have better hands than Edson)
Fight IQ: GSP
Speed: Mighty Mouse
Chin: Hunt/Nelson
Endurance: Ferguson/Bisping
Coach: Whitman

Though this is a bit silly isn't it. Ngannou with Mighty Mouse speed and Bones body type doesn't really exist...except for me of course :tearsofjoy:
This is pretty close to what I'd go with, but GSP's fight IQ translated so well into his grappling he is probably on par with Khabib. For pure application of the skill it goes to Khabib if thats all we're taking into consideration. Can't go for anyone other than MM for speed. If we really go back Gracie was exceptional at BJJ but Maia has been able to sub a number of fighters in the modern times when fighters are much more rounded when it comes to BJJ.

I'd extend this discussion to total package also, if you had to pick one fighter to fight for your life who would it be? Every fighter has the same body shape but are scaled to WW. I'm going GSP.

This is pretty close to what I'd go with, but GSP's fight IQ translated so well into his grappling he is probably on par with Khabib. For pure application of the skill it goes to Khabib if thats all we're taking into consideration. Can't go for anyone other than MM for speed. If we really go back Gracie was exceptional at BJJ but Maia has been able to sub a number of fighters in the modern times when fighters are much more rounded when it comes to BJJ.

I'd extend this discussion to total package also, if you had to pick one fighter to fight for your life who would it be? Every fighter has the same body shape but are scaled to WW. I'm going GSP.

Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva.
I thought of Anderson but the first Sonnen fight (can't believe that is a decade ago), Sonnen is an average MMA wrestler compared to GSP and was well on his way to a dominate win over Anderson.

I thought of Anderson but the first Sonnen fight (can't believe that is a decade ago), Sonnen is an average MMA wrestler compared to GSP and was well on his way to a dominate win over Anderson.
Yah I also thought of the Sonnen fight and maybe Anderson didn't take him serious first time? Much more comprehensive second time.
GSP lost to Serra and should have lost to Hendrix. Neither is a wrong answer though.
Even prime Bones with his reach and inventive striking is scary for anyone

Prime BJ another shout

I'm gonna go Demetrious Johnson or Jon Jones, wouldn't argue with GSP though.

Thought this could be a bit of fun, designing the best possible fighter taking individual attributes from different fighters.
Using the main metrics this would be my fighter:

Stand-up Technique: Shevchenko
Fight IQ: Jonny Bones
Speed: Garbrandt
Chin: Mike Perry
Endurance: Ferguson
Coach: ?

He only had one UFC fight, but I'd be tempted to throw in Mark Schultz for grappling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He only had one UFC fight, but I'd be tempted to throw in Mark Schultz for grappling.
Great wrestler, but a guy like Werdum would tap him out fast if it hit the mat. IMO Khabib is up there with the best overall MMA grappling I've ever seen. Combining takedowns, crushing pressure and sound grappling acumen as well has combining strikes etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back