Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘No bogans’ job ad from Perth small business given all-clear
A Perth small business has ignited debate about workplace discrimination by advertising an administration role but stipulating “no bogans need apply”.

“We are seeking an international student for admin and driving role for family business,” read the advertisement, which was live this week on the jobs section of buy and sell website Gumtree.

“12-15 hours per week and must be a computer whizz with full driver’s licence. Must have good references. Drug free, also child and pet friendly. No bogans or rough people need apply,” continued the advertisement, posted by “Caz” from Morley.
http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...r/news-story/570037f5113b750348f58b9d2b3d28cb

Weird. Most people I have met that refer to themselves as 'Caz' have been at least a bit boganish themselves. I'd be more concerned though that they've stipulated an 'international student' who's a 'computer whizz'.

Another car has plunged into the Swan River in almost the same spot as the one a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...n/news-story/b2c62124d34b1248f6d2a2d7cda0357d

I've driven along Mounts Bay Road plenty of times and it's hard to understand how a car can end up in the river, let alone 2 cars in the space of two weeks.
Those darned gps units eh? Police need to get serious ablut cracking down on mobile phone use in cars. People just take the piss because they know they won't be caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those darned gps units eh? Police need to get serious ablut cracking down on mobile phone use in cars. People just take the piss because they know they won't be caught.

Being distracted by their phones would have to be the only explanation for them ending up in the river unless they're two of the world's worst drivers, it's scary to think that there are people driving around like that.

Being distracted by their phones would have to be the only explanation for them ending up in the river unless they're two of the world's worst drivers, it's scary to think that there are people driving around like that.
Agreed. Even if there are other explanations eg could've DUI/ had a seizure/had a heart attack/fell asleep at the wheel etc they're unlikely

Had this old guy in an electric blue Mazda 2 or 3 behind me this morning on Canning Highway. I only noticed him because I thought he was driving a little close. Then we stop at the lights and of course he's checking his phone. Had a closer look and it turns out to be none other than ex-Premier Alan Carpenter.

Also, filled up the car on the way home yesterday and I look over to see this bloke on his mobile with the speaker while pumping petrol. Now I know some may say this is an urban myth and I've read about that too but it's beside the point. You're still not supposed to do it and the sheer ignorance was a surprise even to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back