Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devils advocate, a defense attorney would just claim its reckless behaviour. Unless they can claim with 100% conviction the guy intended to kill someone then prosecution are likely to go for the safer option to win of manslaughter.

Or in short, the legal system really sucks sometimes on situations like this.

I believe the definition in court is like this:
Careless - where a person performs an act that endangers others without considering the risk to those others.

Reckless - where a person performs an act that endangers others, knowing the risk to others, and does it anyway.

The waters are muddied when laws are brought in that driving 45km + over the limit is automatically reckless driving, but it does allude to the idea that certain actions, such as driving well above the limit or on the wrong side of the road, could be considered by a reasonable person to be knowingly and willing performing an act that can cause death to others.

Pretty disgusting that the guy felt the need to rush to someone's aid whilst filming the whole thing. I get filming the guy driving but it's a special sort of campaigner that films himself helping others in a car accident.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I don't think anyone under the age of 30 would give it a second thought these days.

The tv stations would love the footage, they'd probably be prepared to pay for it if they couldn't get it for free which is no doubt why some people film stuff.

That's why famous sports people or celebs need to be so careful in public these days as there are people who will film any bad behaviour and try to sell it.

You can tell how old I am - I wouldn't have even remembered I had a camera on me. Would of been too caught up in what was unfolding.

I get the filming while in the car but filming while he was running across the highway was a bit much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stinking hot.

Just when I had planned to do a paving job for my courtyard/BBQ area. Far canal, lost the shade by mid-morning and just had to stop and retreat back inside. Did another stint an hour or two before sunset, but only got about a third of it done.

I get that, I just don't think Adele and 65k stadium show in the same sentence. But then I didn't go the concert and people seem to be raving about it.
I'm not really that surprised by it given her already mentioned across the age/social groups appeal. Quite clever to have it set up that way to fit maximum number of people possible in. Nobody cares about her band and she's not going to be doing Beyonce/Madonna/Pink style dance routines with 50+ dancers so plonk the stage in the middle and she can just wander around giving everyone a little bit of Adele.

I'm not really that surprised by it given her already mentioned across the age/social groups appeal. Quite clever to have it set up that way to fit maximum number of people possible in. Nobody cares about her band and she's not going to be doing Beyonce/Madonna/Pink style dance routines with 50+ dancers so plonk the stage in the middle and she can just wander around giving everyone a little bit of Adele.

It would have been a pretty boring show to watch with her just standing there belting out her songs, at least the likes of Madonna, Pink and Beyoncé put on a spectacular show which makes it worthwhile to see live.

With Adele you may as well just put one of her CDs on and stare at a cardboard cutout of her, would be pretty much the same experience as seeing her live.

It would have been a pretty boring show to watch with her just standing there belting out her songs, at least the likes of Madonna, Pink and Beyoncé put on a spectacular show which makes it worthwhile to see live.

With Adele you may as well just put one of her CDs on and stare at a cardboard cutout of her, would be pretty much the same experience as seeing her live.
Preaching to the choir mate. It seems there's never any shortage of middle aged women in Perth ready to attend any concert, get hammered and drunkenly sing along on top note ruining it for everyone else though. I bet they were all there last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back