Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon I've been in physical viewing distance of the Karalee Tavern maybe a dozen or two dozen times without ever going inside. Had a good chicken salad at the little cafe across the road, though. They understand that just because you order a healthier dish it doesn't mean you want a child's portion.

Margaret River pro surfing tournament cancelled completely because of risk of Great White sharks.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/s...n-after-gracetown-shark-attacks-ng-b88809844z

If that doesnt tell you something about the state of shark attacks in the south west of WA i dont know what does.
Get some massive barriers no matter what the expense to protect beach goers. It will cost a fortune but at least it will create a few jobs and make the states best asset (our beautiful beaches) safe to swim in again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that doesnt tell you something about the state of shark attacks in the south west of WA i dont know what does.
Get some massive barriers no matter what the expense to protect beach goers. It will cost a fortune but at least it will create a few jobs and make the states best asset (our beautiful beaches) safe to swim in again.

It says they are big news.

Zero surfers were bitten out of the water though. Usually government legislates against something if it becomes dangerous, especially when you consider that safety nets or barriers etc would come attached with a lovely liability and maintenance. They would mean the government holds a degree of duty of care inside them, that they have a duty to see them operating effectively because a reasonable person would expect them to.

Or, they can do something that has zero impact but appears to be doing something without the risk of carrying a liability.

But like I said, if it got too dangerous they would make surfing illegal and fine people doing it to fund a Water Trauma and Safety Fund that would buy signs saying how illegal it is to surf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back