Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did I yesterday, $450 gawn. Fml as well.
I've got an ANZ Indonesia account & card that I have in another wallet, so I go to an ANZ this morning to get some cash out & the atm won't even give me a balance on the account let alone cash.
Go to a bankwest atm & it works fine but get slugged $6 for the transactions, campaigners.
Damn.. And I was in shambles because I lost $50 and all my cards and licenses smh

Commonwealth cardless cash saved me during my hungover state yesterday though... But yeah, I'm still holding onto hope I left it in one of my mates cars.

Either that, or someone's sliced it.. I was in rocko ffs

Last edited:

If your business model works then casual fans don't really matter.

The odd person who will go once a year if it's $20 but not $25 doesn't mean as much to the bottom line as the few thousand who will buy season tickets.

It's the same reason I laugh at people who think the new stadium will be cheap. The clubs/venue management will price tickets to maximise their overall revenue. No point having 60,000 through the gates each week if they pay $10 each.

Don't know about normal games but last time I looked into getting an away derby ticket I think they were $77.
They have a different pricing structure than us but the prices shouldn't change no matter the opponent.

Freo tickets I buy when I come up for the occasional game usually range from about $55-70 from memory.

It's supply and demand. They need to have cheap tickets in Melbourne to get people through the gate. Here they know they can charge those prices and people will still go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah cos the Knicks and the Lakers are comparable to the dockers and Eagles
full

Yeah cos the Knicks and the Lakers are comparable to the dockers and Eagles
High ticket prices are one of the key reasons the WA clubs are so strong off field. If the Western Bulldogs could sell 40,000 season tickets for $500 a pop they would. But they can't, so they don't. Being able to buy a ticket to 99% of games at the gate is great, as is being able to sit in plenty of areas in the MCG for GA prices. But if you want that, then you have to cop 9 teams in the same city all competing for sponsors and fans, your team not being on TV etc. West Coast have been plenty of things the last 20 years but bankrupt and in the gun for merger/relocation isn't one of them.

The NBA analogy is perfectly valid. I'm sure there are plenty of people who complain that it costs $100+ to see a Knicks game. The option is there to drive Philadelphia and watch a game there. Or move to Charlotte.

Last edited by a moderator:
for real tho, wildcats ticket prices are taking the piss a little bit

Market forces my friend. If you don't like it then don't go. If people stop going they'll reassess their ticket pricing.

Their operating costs are also probably a fair bit higher playing at the Arena compared to PEC, Burswood Dome, Challenge Stadium etc. too.

Market forces my friend. If you don't like it then don't go. If people stop going they'll reassess their ticket pricing.

Their operating costs are also probably a fair bit higher playing at the Arena compared to PEC, Burswood Dome, Challenge Stadium etc. too.

are Glory tix expensive compared to the rest of the country? I've never thought that the $27 or whatever it is for general admish was particularly outrageous but some people think games are pricey.

It's amusing that people will spend a couple of hundred dollars out clubbing or $100 plus for a festival and even more for a concert but baulk at $50 for a game of footy or basketball.
$100+ for a festival of getting off scrotum for 7+hours with your mates vs sitting and watching b-grade Aussie basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back