Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are these people seeing in Perth? Do they expect us to increase in tourists dramatically in the next few years?

the promotion will be different to the plan which will be different to what is approved. I don't think it will be built anywhere near that size.

Perth trying to evolve out of a mining obsessed economy and into more of a big city economy.

People want Perth to be another Sydney or Melbourne. I will be moving when that eventuates.

I love Perth, it's confidence and size.

Melbourne and Sydney are great but they can be great for other people.

Mind you I love getting a coffee in melbourne and holding sensible conversations with a barista, with a university degree with masters, telling me how much they like fitzroy.

People want Perth to be another Sydney or Melbourne. I will be moving when that eventuates.
So you'll be on bigfooty Nomad gal? :)

I'm way in the burbs so if the city grows, it doesn't effect me directly however I am happy to see growth in our city.

Troy Buswell?

I don't know the man other than his well publicised media exploits but he is one of the few politicians regarded as clever and capable. It's a bit scary that our talent is so thin and shallow.

I don't know the man other than his well publicised media exploits but he is one of the few politicians regarded as clever and capable. It's a bit scary that our talent is so thin and shallow.
I am so disillusioned by both sides of current WA politics. Labor won't win due to inspiration or agitation, they're too gormless for that.

They'll win simply because they're an alternative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clinton was 'not Trump' and didn't win.

Labor haven't offered much of an alternative to date. Their platform is mostly 'not Liberal' which I don't think will cut it.
I was talking about here not there but yeah whatever. I came to the realisation some time ago now that it is pretty much a same s**t, different bucket situation. Say what you think will get you in when you're not and once there it's business as usual. Rinse and repeat.

I was talking about here not there but yeah whatever. I came to the realisation some time ago now that it is pretty much a same s**t, different bucket situation. Say what you think will get you in when you're not and once there it's business as usual. Rinse and repeat.

100%. My point is that Labor aren't saying enough to get in at this point. IMO, they could win easily for all I know.

I am so disillusioned by both sides of current WA politics. Labor won't win due to inspiration or agitation, they're too gormless for that.

They'll win simply because they're an alternative.

I started batting for the "otherside" working for labor for a win. It was a little mischievous as there were commercial gains to be had.

unfortunately that arbitrage has closed, so I don't really care who wins.

I would like to see Roe8 and Roe9 finished and I would like to see better public transport. So both sides offer something.

A former well known labor pollie recently told us that he doesn't believe labor will win. M'Gowan apparently doesn't inspire confidence in anyone

One nation will pick up loads of votes and Colin and Pauline look like getting in to bed together

quality of journalism leaves a lot to be desired
today's west article https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/rego-concession-cut-to-cost-ratepayers-ng-b88357730z

quote "Lynne Craigie, president of the WA Local Government Association, condemned the decision, which she said was announced over Christmas to come into effect on July 1."

and "Ms Craigie said she believed it was “sneaky” move by the State Government. “I think it was intended to go under the radar with no one picking it up before the election because the ramifications for local government will come after the election when our budget process starts to look at what we need to put aside and what we use our rates for. Significant costs will come there for councils,” she said "

yet, the budget from May had this clearly spelt out on page 76 - http://static.ourstatebudget.wa.gov.au/16-17/2016-17-wa-state-budget-bp3.pdf?

good work journo Angela Pownall - you hack....

get ya popcorn out for the campaign....

Clinton was 'not Trump' and didn't win.

Labor haven't offered much of an alternative to date. Their platform is mostly 'not Liberal' which I don't think will cut it.
I think people forget the election is still seven weeks away. They already have Metronet and opposition to Western Power and Roe 8. That's a decent foundation and they have plenty of time to unveil their plan. Revealing everything now would be blowing their load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back