(Log in to remove this ad.)

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Huntingdale also is distinctly lacking in leafery.
Huntingdale is weird. One half is old, looks like Gosnells and has trees. The other looks like Southern River where it is new and trees do not exist.

Mar 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
According to a report last year, the LGAs with the lowest amount of tree canopy cover were Wanneroo, Belmont, Canning, Joondalup and Cockburn, with 10% or less.

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
According to a report last year, the LGAs with the lowest amount of tree canopy cover were Wanneroo, Belmont, Canning, Joondalup and Cockburn, with 10% or less.
Makes sense with Belmont, Canning and Cockburn, lots of new development estates or sub-dividing/units & apartments built on old blocks

Billy ray

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I love my trees and greenery.
i had some in inglewood when i lived there. But now i have a forest.

As people age they often want to upgrade to bigger and better house. I reckon they need to upgrade to more greenery (which often does come with better houses but not necessarily bigger if it means heading more inner suburbs).

B7E858DF-230D-4C19-A063-25967BF07F4F.jpeg

Beerfish

Lifestyle Influencer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
I wasn't aware Perth properties still had trees
We're lucky enough to have 2 mature flame trees about 8ish metres tall. An Illawarra and a coral. The coral is great because it drops its leaves so we still get the Winter sun as our house faces more or less east/west. The bummer is the thorns and the cleaning up of the leaves and the dead flowers and the stems and the thorns and the lorikeets and needing to have it professionally pruned but it looks great in Summer. The Illawarra is a nice tree too but the seed pods attract the rats. One year it flowered at the right time so that the ground was carpeted in red flowers over Christmas. It's a nice tree. They're both worth the downsides and it makes me sad to think the next owners may be demolishing our house, subdividing the block and it'll be adios flame brothers.

I love my trees and greenery.
i had some in inglewood when i lived there. But now i have a forest.

As people age they often want to upgrade to bigger and better house. I reckon they need to upgrade to more greenery (which often does come with better houses but not necessarily bigger if it means heading more inner suburbs).

View attachment 776472
Looks like a nice easy par 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy ray

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We're lucky enough to have 2 mature flame trees about 8ish metres tall. An Illawarra and a coral. The coral is great because it drops its leaves so we still get the Winter sun as our house faces more or less east/west. The bummer is the thorns and the cleaning up of the leaves and the dead flowers and the stems and the thorns and the lorikeets and needing to have it professionally pruned but it looks great in Summer. The Illawarra is a nice tree too but the seed pods attract the rats. One year it flowered at the right time so that the ground was carpeted in red flowers over Christmas. It's a nice tree. They're both worth the downsides and it makes me sad to think the next owners may be demolishing our house, subdividing the block and it'll be adios flame brothers.

Looks like a nice easy par 3?
That is actually the flood plain. River is at the top of that picture between the trees and if we get typical summer tropical rain for a few days on end that flat section floods. My house is actually up a hill on a ridge. If i get flooded, 80% of gold coast goes under

Beerfish

Lifestyle Influencer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
That is actually the flood plain. River is at the top of that picture between the trees and if we get typical summer tropical rain for a few days on end that flat section floods. My house is actually up a hill on a ridge. If i get flooded, 80% of gold coast goes under
How bad have you seen it? Any pics?

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Makes sense with Belmont, Canning and Cockburn, lots of new development estates or sub-dividing/units & apartments built on old blocks
I thought it would make sense for Joondalup and Wanneroo. Belmont and Canning have far less new suburban estates, though Canning Vale is in the City of Canning and I doubt there’s a tree larger than fence high there.

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I thought it would make sense for Joondalup and Wanneroo. Belmont and Canning have far less new suburban estates, though Canning Vale is in the City of Canning and I doubt there’s a tree larger than fence high there.
I don't venture north of the river in all honesty. Last time I went was when my girlfriend got her tattoo in Westminster. I assume the urban sprawl has made its way in there as well (not including Alkimos, Two Rocks etc.)

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't venture north of the river in all honesty. Last time I went was when my girlfriend got her tattoo in Westminster. I assume the urban sprawl has made its way in there as well (not including Alkimos, Two Rocks etc.)
There’s a new estate every other week north of Joondalup, it seems.

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
You know the Perth urban sprawl is getting out of control when you don't even know the names of the suburbs they mention on the news.

Some youths broke into a house in Camillo and then they went on a high speed chase through Brookdale.

Where the F*** are these places?

Mar 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
You know the Perth urban sprawl is getting out of control when you don't even know the names of the suburbs they mention on the news.

Some youths broke into a house in Camillo and then they went on a high speed chase through Brookdale.

Where the F*** are these places?
Camillo's come up a few times here recently, it's Westfield.

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
The old renaming bogan suburbs into something more classy, like Balga being renamed Kensington, it's still a shit suburb full of ne'er do wells.

Top Bottom