Beerfish

Lifestyle Influencer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
contemplating an air fryer - do you recommend
100%. I cooked chicken breasts with a spicy polenta crumb for the first time a few weeks ago. Came out great. Roast veg in 20 minutes. Chips. Potato gems. Meatballs. Falafel. Very little oil required. I usually save the sun dried tomato oil and use a teaspoon or two if needed.

Only thing you should watch out for is the size. You need a bigger one unless you like doing batches. We have a 1.2kg Phillips and it's great.

It's actually the second one we've had as wifey set the first one on fire. The machine was not at fault in any way though..

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
100%. I cooked chicken breasts with a spicy polenta crumb for the first time a few weeks ago. Came out great. Roast veg in 20 minutes. Chips. Potato gems. Meatballs. Falafel. Very little oil required. I usually save the sun dried tomato oil and use a teaspoon or two if needed.

Only thing you should watch out for is the size. You need a bigger one unless you like doing batches. We have a 1.2kg Phillips and it's great.

It's actually the second one we've had as wifey set the first one on fire. The machine was not at fault in any way though..
Thought it was a gimmick when the wife bought one but it goes alright. Chips and gems in particular, just way better than the oven.

Beerfish

Lifestyle Influencer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
Oh and it is amazing for reheating pizza and garlic bread. It comes out better than when delivered in 3 minutes. Tried putting a burger in it too to reheat it. Worked pretty well and toasted the outside of the bun.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I second (or third) the recommendation for air fryers. I don't think I could live without mine now.

There's still some stuff I prefer the taste of cooked in a normal oven, but the air fryer takes a fraction of the time for everything else. I mainly use it for homemade sweet potato fries.

Beerfish

Lifestyle Influencer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
So a price search shows me they are quite expensive Beerfish - do you have a brand recommendation
I can only recommend the one I have but that one was recommended by choice. I'll have a look later and let you know what other ones they recommend.

Otherwise maybe watch the xmas/ny sales? I use it quite a lot so it's justified itself price wise. Awesome not to have to wait for a whole oven to heat up.

Billy ray

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I can only recommend the one I have but that one was recommended by choice. I'll have a look later and let you know what other ones they recommend.

Otherwise maybe watch the xmas/ny sales? I use it quite a lot so it's justified itself price wise. Awesome not to have to wait for a whole oven to heat up.
When you find the price add 20% and divide by 12 so i can calculate my convince coefficient

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beerfish

Lifestyle Influencer
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
So a price search shows me they are quite expensive Beerfish - do you have a brand recommendation
Okay so Choice also recommends a brand called Bellini which retails for $99 yet scores a 74% against the one I have at 75% so it sounds like good value. One of the biggest knocks is the size though, a claimed 800g against mine which is a claimed 1.2kg.

Target has them.
1573311100551.png

Your mission, should you choose to accept it..

Off The Couch

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Okay so Choice also recommends a brand called Bellini which retails for $99 yet scores a 75% against the one I have at 75% so it sounds like good value. One of the biggest knocks is the size though, a claimed 800g against mine which is a claimed 1.2kg.

Target has them.
View attachment 777047

and your brand is.....

Mar 5, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
Okay so Choice also recommends a brand called Bellini which retails for $99 yet scores a 74% against the one I have at 75% so it sounds like good value. One of the biggest knocks is the size though, a claimed 800g against mine which is a claimed 1.2kg.

Target has them.
View attachment 777047

Is that a minion?

Taylor

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone tell me what kind of area ward A2 is in Joondalup hospital?
Its a general ward.. I've had a couple of terrible nights sleep there. Nurses were nice. The view was leafy.

The floor is the linoleum style that your child inside wonders if you threw a bottle of olive oil down the hallway maybe you could slide the entire length of it.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Just drove thru Crazieburn Scotland my lord, that is just getting bigger and bigger. South of Craigieburn actually. There isnt going to be any open fields/paddocks left soon all fking housing.

With no new roads :)

Good luck.

Top Bottom