(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Every man and his dog pumping the aircon probably explains why there has been rolling blackouts, we had one here last night for a couple of hours.

Thankfully the weather is going to cool down on the weekend but there's another heatwave coming next week, 38 by Wednesday and then 40 on Thursday.

I hope all the flogs here that complain about the cold and rain in winter and say they can't wait for summer are happy now, this summer is going to suck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Yes I'm loving it. Fantastic start to Summer. Just hope it lasts and isn't back to cold and raining in 2 weeks.
Don't think there's much chance of that, summer usually gets hotter here in January and February, if we're getting 40 degree days now we could be hitting 50 degrees by then.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't think there's much chance of that, summer usually gets hotter here in January and February, if we're getting 40 degree days now we could be hitting 50 degrees by then.
Nah, weather patterns are all over the place because of all those Liberal voters. If anything I reckon it's hotter in March/April than it used to be and milder overall in Jan/Feb.

This year it only reached 35 in February 7 times and 10 times it didn't even reach 30. January had 2 40 degree days but 14 under 30.

When you start voting Greens then we can go back to higher average and max temps in February and decent rain in Winter.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I doubt you'd be saying that if you start copping blackouts, the heat is manageable with aircon or a fan, without being able to use either it's unbearable.
Are blackouts still a thing?

Perth has excess generating capacity in Summer due to all the private solar panels. The problems come when the turbines can't ramp down appropriately.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Are blackouts still a thing?

Perth has excess generating capacity in Summer due to all the private solar panels. The problems come when the turbines can't ramp down appropriately.
What are these rolling blackouts

Never have aircon of a night time but I do use my fan - I’m a doona and fan girl all year round
We had one in our area (Stirling) last night and apparently on the news they mentioned there were rolling blackouts which I assume was due to the heatwave and the extra demand for power. Some areas would probably be exempt though, like the wealthier suburbs or ones where there are hospitals.

Top Bottom