Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Unlawful killing like manslaughter carries a max sentence of 20 years.

As a layman I personally think that murder was the right charge given the intent (seriously what kind of defence is 'I ran someone over on purpose at 78 km/h but I didn't intend to kill them'?) but given she was also convicted of a couple of counts of GBH I don't think the sentencing will be lenient.

If she gets a token 3-5 years with good behaviour period there will be muchos outrage.

12 years ago my cousin was a passenger in a car and died,his mate was stoned,speeding and without a licence- judge gave 1-1/2 years.

Crossed paths with him after he did his time at our local petrol station-not that I would of done anything but I could see he was collecting nuggets when he recognized me

Unlawful killing like manslaughter carries a max sentence of 20 years.

As a layman I personally think that murder was the right charge given the intent (seriously what kind of defence is 'I ran someone over on purpose at 78 km/h but I didn't intend to kill them'?) but given she was also convicted of a couple of counts of GBH I don't think the sentencing will be lenient.

If she gets a token 3-5 years with good behaviour period there will be muchos outrage.
Definitely deserves 10+

In the end though if you cannot hold a child responsible (and fair enough) then who is? It is a failure of parenting - whether in education, teaching them right and wrong, supervision, duty of care etc.

If there is a kid that sees no problem with skipping school and beating up someone for their shoes - then fingers must be pointed somewhere.
Life is far too complex to point a finger at a parent and say, 'that's where the blame lies'. Maybe it does, but most of us probably know a family where one sibling has turned out well and the other not so well. Did the parent succeed or fail? They are the same parent, so why didn't they get the same result?

Life is far too complex to point a finger at a parent and say, 'that's where the blame lies'. Maybe it does, but most of us probably know a family where one sibling has turned out well and the other not so well. Did the parent succeed or fail? They are the same parent, so why didn't they get the same result?

Sure but when it comes to the legal system and something like this happens, someone will cop the blame. It's complex, I agree, but the ultimate responsibility is with parents. I am sure the vast majority of parents try their best but there has been a failure somewhere and it's often a mix of the parent/s and child as well as the 'system'.

Modern cars must play a part. Pretty easy to see an old XF Ford revving its guts out coming for you from 100 metres away and knowing you've got time to walk a couple steps left or right and be missed completely.

Modern cars must play a part. Pretty easy to see an old XF Ford revving its guts out coming for you from 100 metres away and knowing you've got time to walk a couple steps left or right and be missed completely.
Wait until high torque and quiet electric cars come in everywhere.

Quality journalism.

Adelaide Oval, the MCG and SCG are locks, each a stalwart in the Australian cricket calendar, the final Test remains an arm-wrestle between the Gabba and Perth Stadium.

Both grounds have recorded disappointing crowd numbers over the past couple of seasons. An aggregate of 45,991 attended this season’s Test against Pakistan at the Gabba, while the 60,000-capacity Perth Stadium has never achieved a crowd greater than 21,000.

The 4 days play in the test vs NZ in Perth had an aggregate crowd of 65,540. The weather was 39, 40, 41 and 41 over those 4 days, and ticket sales were reportedly a lot higher than the attendance. The year prior vs India was 81,104 and was the best test of that series. The Gabba hasn't seen any day reach 20k in the last two Summers. How hard is it to at least report apples with apples? 'Perth doesn't get same massive crowd on 41 degree Thursday as other venue on mild weekend/public holiday', shocked to be sitting here.

What the hell makes Adelaide so special anyway? It's a nice venue and the crowds are usually good, but without a day night test it usually produces pretty uninteresting cricket. Even the SCG has pitch doesn't have much character these days. Melbourne at least has the 100,000 seat thing to fall back on.

What the hell makes Adelaide so special anyway? It's a nice venue and the crowds are usually good, but without a day night test it usually produces pretty uninteresting cricket. Even the SCG has pitch doesn't have much character these days. Melbourne at least has the 100,000 seat thing to fall back on.
CA corporates get to lounge around having a junket in the marquees out back.

Adelaide Oval is the most overrated stadium in the world. close to a city yeah, but a city that's full of more problem people than Hay St. they got rid of the nice s**t about the ground like beautiful stands, quaint feel and made it a megastadium. just one of those things people think is good because you're told to. meanwhile Optus Stadium is on par with Wembley but it gets the odd flyover and that's it.

waca advertising lots of jobs recently anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gabba,Adelaide,mcg,scg,easy.
Gabba doesn't deserve a Test simply because we have a good record there. It's falling apart while a state-of-the-art stadium in Perth will sit empty at the same time. I also believe we have a higher population of Indian-born people in Perth than Brisbane. Should be Perth Stadium, Adelaide, MCG and SCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back