Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

100% see this being a revolving door where states consistently swap from having no cases and playing tough guy to then having cases and crying foul when other states lock them out.

Like I said, you’ll never lose votes preaching parochialism to sandgropers
Despite the occasional slip-up, McGowan has been able to justify the decision quite well. West Australians are quite vulnerable to any breakout because social distancing and the like simply isn't happening. The lack of genuine consequences means guards have been lowered; we can be critical of that attitude, but it is what it is. I'd rather be able to travel interstate, but I will reluctantly accept the limitations, not out of parochialism (I want to go to our other states) but because I appreciate that in a global pandemic, I am largely unaffected.

Despite the occasional slip-up, McGowan has been able to justify the decision quite well. West Australians are quite vulnerable to any breakout because social distancing and the like simply isn't happening. The lack of genuine consequences means guards have been lowered; we can be critical of that attitude, but it is what it is. I'd rather be able to travel interstate, but I will reluctantly accept the limitations, not out of parochialism (I want to go to our other states) but because I appreciate that in a global pandemic, I am largely unaffected.

I agree with all of that but for those who have families interstate it’s a hard line to swallow, especially when they are unwell or dying.

I support McGowan but I think he is now skating the political line rather than what works for the people of the state

plan and review the policy Often enough then they should be able to get a “bubble” going wit’s SA and NT as a start

I agree with all of that but for those who have families interstate it’s a hard line to swallow, especially when they are unwell or dying.

Just on the above, in this link - https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/...er-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-travel-wa

You have under the "Who is exempt" tab, you have:

"compassionate grounds – including urgent and essential medical treatment, visiting a relative who has suffered a serious medical episode, or whose death is imminent, and to attend a funeral".

I support McGowan but I think he is now skating the political line rather than what works for the people of the state

plan and review the policy Often enough then they should be able to get a “bubble” going wit’s SA and NT as a start

I have family interstate but we've accepted the new reality. Around this time of year I'd be booking my holiday to Melbourne to see him but we have phones, we have the internet and other endless ways to either distract ourselves or engage with the people we care about.

You can still get exemptions easily enough to visit them if you need to care for them or if they're dying.

Edit - Jimmy beat me to the last point.

I have family in Victoria.

I facetime them every other weekend from different cafes etc.

Oh are you guys still doing that lockdown thing huh? Hey I said chips on the side not under the parmigiana! Take this back and bring me another one! Oh sorry guys, so anyway been to any good movies lately?
That's so mean.

Surely you called it a parmi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the above, in this link - https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/...er-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-travel-wa

You have under the "Who is exempt" tab, you have:

"compassionate grounds – including urgent and essential medical treatment, visiting a relative who has suffered a serious medical episode, or whose death is imminent, and to attend a funeral".
I have family interstate but we've accepted the new reality. Around this time of year I'd be booking my holiday to Melbourne to see him but we have phones, we have the internet and other endless ways to either distract ourselves or engage with the people we care about.

You can still get exemptions easily enough to visit them if you need to care for them or if they're dying.

Edit - Jimmy beat me to the last point.

And yet we continue to hear from people who have had their applications rejected.

I know in my nieces instance when my mum died that while she was able to come home, the hoops she had to jump through would of meant that she would of been away from her child for nearly a month. It also meant that her mother would of needEd to go into quarantine when she arrived in Perth and then my brother when she got to Geraldton and that was coming from South Australia where they are doing better than us

I have no skin in it so I’m not overly fussed but I have to wonder what’s going to happen once the borders come down because atm we are living a “Covid, what’s that??” Lifestyle and it leaves us unprepared and vulnerable. He should of been using these months Keeping us prepared for the “what if”

My local coles had no hand sanitizer last week when I shopped and the Urgent Medical Centres bottle was pumping air with no social distancing at all

And yet we continue to hear from people who have had their applications rejected.

Often the people that you hear from are only telling you their side of the story or simply a story that isn't completely factual.

Other times people would rather complain on facebook than gather supporting documents for their "essential" travel.

I have family in Victoria.

I facetime them every other weekend from different cafes etc.

Oh are you guys still doing that lockdown thing huh? Hey I said chips on the side not under the parmigiana! Take this back and bring me another one! Oh sorry guys, so anyway been to any good movies lately?
I reckon during lockdown, I 'saw' my family more than I would have if allowed to see them in person.

But, of course, we don't like each other that much.

Often the people that you hear from are only telling you their side of the story or simply a story that isn't completely factual.

Other times people would rather complain on facebook than gather supporting documents for their "essential" travel.
It’s also easy on the internet to cry wolf and say that this happened to you or to someone you know just to argue that you think Dan Andrews is a nazi or that the whole pandemic is part of a wider government conspiracy.

It’s also easy on the internet to cry wolf and say that this happened to you or to someone you know just to argue that you think Dan Andrews is a nazi or that the whole pandemic is part of a wider government conspiracy.

The easiest way to know if the exemption system is too harsh is if a person goes public with it, the media run with it as headline news (MCCLOWN DENIES ENTRY TO SEE DYING MUM) and the government beats a hasty retreat with an even quicker granting of the exemption.

Strangely enough, crickets on that front since the early days when there were understandable teething problems with the border restrictions....

Meanwhile, the latest news has Mark McGowan and his police commissioner being concerned that the NZ bubble visitors managed to slip through. Is that not an indicator that the restrictions aren't that ironclad?

I wouldn’t give Jane Marwicks opinion the time of day

I don't get why people post Youtube video editorials and opinion pieces as some kind of 'gotcha'. Who are you trying to convince?

I don't get why people post Youtube video editorials and opinion pieces as some kind of 'gotcha'. Who are you trying to convince?
a YouTube video from sky news being critical of someone from the ALP? shocking stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back