Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

It does mean, however, that Kirkup has an out if he gets ousted in the next election from his own seat - if the WA Liberal Party are intent on retaining him as Opposition leader, Bateman (Nalder's electorate) is safe as houses.

Edit - is it even possible at this late stage for Kirkup to run in Nalder's place in Bateman?

Um Spitty:

1. Kirkups Girlfiend is a journo who works for the West (Jemma clarke)
2. His new CofS is a ex West Aus journo. By ex West Aus journo he resigned to take up the position with Kirkup.

Its fair to say the West Aus is obliged to give Kirkup a soft run..........

This guy is shameless. This is 100% on him. Idiot. McGowan takes aim at airlines after interstate fares skyrocket
If people don't like the price of airline tickets then they shouldn't buy them and then the price will go down.

Basic economics.

Airlines wouldn't sell them at this price if people weren't prepared to pay for it.

Airlines do this all the time
Eagles playing good football - airline tickets through the roof
School holidays - same
Xmas/Easter same

it’s a very very long bow trying to tie that to McGowan

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was confirmed the health experts advice had been shared with the opposition the whole time.

Not sure what Kirkup has to do with anything but Marko deciding to follow health advice is new. We could have had an open border with most states for months already based on health advice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what Kirkup has to do with anything but Marko deciding to follow health advice is new. We could have had an open border with most states for months already based on health advice.

Depends which advice.

Dr Andrew Miller from the AMA has consistently criticised anything the WA Government has done - warned against early removal of borders, warned against Optus Stadium having crowds, warned against keeping up the borders, warned against accepting more international arrivals, the list goes on. I cannot think of a single COVID-related decision that he has supported from McGowan.

The Federal CMO has tended to spruik opening up borders rapidly, as directed by the PM, and questioned the constitutionality of the restrictions.

The State CMO has been more cautious - this has been reflected in McGowan's policies - and fought consistently against Clive Palmer and ScoMo when they pushed for reopening.

Personally, I am glad he chose the latter and not the former two.

Maybe the leprechaun will be the deal breaker. Open the ******* borders Marky or air fairs will stay high and it's all your fault Marky for being a campaigner.

couldn’t give a * what Joyce thinks
He’s nothing more than a charlatan

couldn’t give a fu** what Joyce thinks
He’s nothing more than a charlatan
Absolutely agree with you there but if Marky Mark is going to shut the borders every time someone sneezes, airlines will lose conference and send their planes on more profitable routes leaving us as second class citizens.

Breaking news: from midnight tonight WA will ban the use of motor vehicles to reduce the risk of car accidents. "We have to be cautious, we can't take risks" said premier Mark McGowan.

What happens if I just hold my phone up to the qr code and dont scan it?

Is the venue going to check?

why bother then
Why not man up and just buck the system and make a stand that you aren’t going to be dictated to by anyone

What happens if I just hold my phone up to the qr code and dont scan it?

Is the venue going to check?
no, but you could have been exposed to someone who had it and was in the venue and you'd never know, could be asymptomatic but still spread it unknowingly, and perhaps permanently injure or even worse someone else

In much more exciting news there will be a(nother) study into high speed rail between Perth and Bunbury, jointly funded by the state and the commonwealth governments.

I welcome the study but I'm guessing that this will be a very modest version of "high speed" which Europeans and Asians will laugh at.

The other part of me says if you are going to do this don't stop and Bunbury, build the *er all the way down the coast to Augusta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back