(Log in to remove this ad.)

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
"If the top 10 richest clubs in the world aren't playing, why even bother watching?" - Average Australian soccer fan
People like watching the highest standard possible of a sport. Do you watch the WAFL?

I'd insert a Carlton joke but I don't want to tempt fate before Sunday.

RobbyRoy

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
The train stations have had the escalators out of order all season
The escalators from the underground up to Wellington have been out for around 3 years now. They've only just opened up the second half of the stairs in the last couple of months as well.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's all about MLS bro. I god damn love Really Salt Lake. Keep the Crew in Columbus! Hell yeah baby, Nashville, music city, Nashville Soccer Club! LA Galaxy? Go eff yourself bro. This is Los Angeles Fütbøl Club territory, you better watch your step. Sounders? Sounds like you're a bunch of Seattle-ass-little girls. Go cry, little girl. Tiiiiimbeeeeerrr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Has anyone been to the Supanova comic con at the Perth convention centre this weekend?

Went there yesterday because my little almost 3 year old nephew is massively into superheroes, paid 46 bucks to get in and we may as well have just gone to the Freo markets, it was just full of stores flogging superhero and cosplay merchandise, could barely move in there with all the people (ie nerds) milling about.

We had more fun in the foyer with all the people dressed up as superheroes, my little nephew thought he was seeing the real Spiderman and Batman when in reality it was just some overweight middle aged nerd dressed up as them.

The only thing that made it worthwhile was going to the 40th anniversary Mad Max seminar with Steve Bisley and Hugh Keays-Byrne, funny as hell.

StingBitten

Norm Smith Medallist
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
You're a sad old bitter individual if your nephew had fun and was happy seeing people dressed up as his favourite superheroes but all you can think about is 'lol overweight middle aged nerd'.
Nah he's right. Was there with my little brother who saved all his pocket money up for it and felt it was the biggest waste of his time and money. It was a Sales convention, that entry cost should've covered a lot more entertainment/experiences.

His 3 year old nephew had a good time which is great, but the event is aimed at kids my brothers age (teen) and he was massively let down.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Nah he's right. Was there with my little brother who saved all his pocket money up for it and felt it was the biggest waste of his time and money. It was a Sales convention, that entry cost should've covered a lot more entertainment/experiences.

His 3 year old nephew had a good time which is great, but the event is aimed at kids my brothers age (teen) and he was massively let down.
Yeah I heard it was a bit of a let down (and the list of 'celebs' they brought out was very underwhelming imo) but if kids have fun then who are we to judge? Hopefully people respond with their wallets next year and spend their money on other things.

jorel6669

John Worsfold Medallist
Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone been to the Supanova comic con at the Perth convention centre this weekend?

Went there yesterday because my little almost 3 year old nephew is massively into superheroes, paid 46 bucks to get in and we may as well have just gone to the Freo markets, it was just full of stores flogging superhero and cosplay merchandise, could barely move in there with all the people (ie nerds) milling about.

We had more fun in the foyer with all the people dressed up as superheroes, my little nephew thought he was seeing the real Spiderman and Batman when in reality it was just some overweight middle aged nerd dressed up as them.

The only thing that made it worthwhile was going to the 40th anniversary Mad Max seminar with Steve Bisley and Hugh Keays-Byrne, funny as hell.
Never been but always imagined it was like this. There are smaller fairs run through the year that are much better value. One called the Nexus Collectors Fair is run every school holidays on a Saturday morning at the Vic Park Rec Centre. $2 entry for adults, kids under 8 or 9 get in free. It's stalls of people selling their junk, but can find some bargains or cheap stuff for kids, people dress up, some groups bring life size working Star Wars droids, and if it's a waste of time, it's only $2. There is another one held semi regularly in Clarkson run by a local collector store that is virtually the same, but is $5 entry or $10 to get in 15 minutes early, which most people seem to do. I live south so it's not really worth the drive up and the higher entry fee.

jorel6669

John Worsfold Medallist
Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Also, I reckon the big name stars they get for Supanova almost never come to Perth. They're always east coast only. Never even been tempted.

Top Bottom